Apple homekit integration!

Discussion in 'Voice Control' started by ievolve, Nov 7, 2016.

1. ievolve

Robert

Do you have cgate running on the pi as well? I havn't been able to get it working on a Homeassistant build. I do need to get back to trying it again, you're success has gotten me motivated to try some more!

Robert, Oct 17, 2018
  2. ievolve

ZROD

Yes got it fully up and running - took a little bit of playing around but now it works like a dream.

ZROD, Oct 17, 2018
  3. ievolve

ZROD

Thanks for that mate, I noticed someone had a sensor down as "motion" in their config.json?

Is a simple on/off command all the functionality we can get from our sensors at present?

Cheers

ZROD, Oct 17, 2018
  4. ievolve

DarylMc

As far as I know just enable/disable the sensor with the enable/disable group address from the sensor setup.
    You can use an automation in the home app to turn that on or off.
    What else did you have in mind to do via the CBus motion sensor?

DarylMc, Oct 17, 2018
  5. ievolve

DarylMc

I just noticed motion is in the list of types.
    Let me know how it goes and I must try that when I get a chance.
    Perhaps it will enable the CBus motion sensor to send notifications.
    Use a CBus group address which the motion sensor switches not the CBus unit address.

DarylMc, Oct 17, 2018
  6. ievolve

71monaro

[QUOTE=".Perhaps it will enable the CBus motion sensor to send notifications.
    Use a CBus group address which the motion sensor switches not the CBus unit address.[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=".What else did you have in mind to do via the CBus motion sensor?[/QUOTE]

If we can get a C-Bus occupancy sensor to comes up in Homekit as a sensor it could be used to turn on/off Philips Hue globes in bedsides, table lamps directly. Or activate a Homekit camera. and post notifications of activity to my phone.

71monaro, Oct 18, 2018
  7. ievolve

ZROD

I have got my sensors coming up in HomeKit after following your instructions about the enable/disable group address in toolkit.. However I logged them down as ‘motion’ in my config.json and unfortunately , I can’t get them to work as I intend. I was hoping to use them to stop and start automations via HomeKit when they sense someone or conversely, when they do not sense someone at predefined times.

Any help on the issue would be great as I think this is the last piece of the puzzle for me - everything is working great otherwise.

I do wish someone would write a Push control plugin though!!!

Thanks
    Zac

ZROD, Oct 21, 2018
  8. ievolve

Josh

I have lighting (254/56) working without any issues, but (254/208) motion changes are not showing in HomeBridge.

My Config.json has the following for motion...

{ "type": "security", "application": 208, "id": 11, "name": "Kitchen Motion", "enabled": true },

Josh, Nov 3, 2018
  9. ievolve

Bamcalid

Nice job ievolve, I'm loving this. Thank God I found this thread.

Bamcalid, Nov 30, 2018
  10. ievolve

justgreta

This is indeed an interesting thread, it is good to be back. I have missed a lot of stuff since I've been busy setting up the electric pet fence and training my dog. I will be browsing some of the stuff I've missed, see you guys around!

justgreta, Dec 6, 2018
  11. ievolve

booboisie

Hi Twistz - when setting up multiple bridges running homebridge-cbus, do you need multiple CGATE instances also - or can you point the separate configurations to the one CGATE/CNI?

Thanks and Regards,
    Chris

booboisie, Jan 27, 2019
  12. ievolve

DarylMc

Just one CGate instance.

DarylMc, Jan 28, 2019
  13. ievolve

booboisie

Thanks for confirming Daryl - in the process of splitting my config across two instances of homebridge to a single cgate running on raspi.

Thank you also for sharing your tutorials/guides in this forum - I've found them very useful to get up and running.

Regards,
    Chris

booboisie, Jan 28, 2019
  14. ievolve

Ben77006

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been on this forum with DarrylMc helping me with my HomeKit issues! Unfortunately, I got a new modem/router from Telstra today (Gen 2 Smart Modem), plugged it in, set it up with the same name and everything, checked that all the IP addresses were the same, but the rasp pi can't find cgate! I get the message:
    cbus:client C-Gate socket error: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 192.168.0.111:20023 +2m
    cbus:client C-Gate connection could not be opened; exiting. +2ms

I'm pretty stuck on what to do, the modem says that I'm using the IP as shown above, and in the "access" file on the windows, has the correct remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Program IP address, does anyone know what I could try?

Thanks,
    Ben

Ben77006, Mar 19, 2019
  15. ievolve

DarylMc

Are you running CGate on a PC?
    If so you will need to edit the Homebridge config file on the raspberry pi and point it to the PC’s new IP address.
    Also either set a static IP address for the PC or configure your new router to assign the PC a fixed address.

DarylMc, Mar 19, 2019
  16. ievolve

Robert

Hi Simon, did you get around to creating the CGate docker image for Synology NAS?

Robert, Apr 14, 2019
  17. ievolve

lavigha98

Hi all, have had Homebridge running on a windows PC for just over a week now. To my surprise it's working perfectly. I initially tried running it on a raspberry pi but couldn't get it going. To anyone about to give it a shot, I'd highly recommend windows if your not that great with linux system and also running C-Gate on the same computer makes things a lot easier.

lavigha98, Jun 19, 2019
  18. ievolve

lcrowhurst

lavigha98 Ill second that, had it installed and up and running in 10 mins on windows, so far running without out an issue

lcrowhurst, Jun 26, 2019
  19. ievolve

tincanpete

Hi, my first posting on this forum but I just wanted to check in and report that I've got this CBus/Homekit integration working a charm... CGate is running on a Raspberry Pi, as is Homebridge, all talking through the ethernet CNI, 5500CN2.

My sincere thanks to all who've been down this road before, written and debugged all the software and all those who published their how-to guides here and on YouTube too.

Happy to return the favour so if any one if having issues getting it going on a Raspberry Pi feel free to hit me up and I'll do my best to help.

tincanpete, Aug 5, 2019
    allanf, ariesnaceno and Peri92 like this.
  20. ievolve

ICS-GS

Happy 2020 all.
    haven't checked in here for some time.
    keen to get this finally working, there was quite a few bugs when i tried this last time.
    is there any updated image files, etc to get me going again?

thanks

GS

ICS-GS, Jan 7, 2020
Ask a Question