Anyone have details of B&W's "Inbuilt Screens" ?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JohnC, Mar 7, 2006.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi All,

I am doing some re-programming for a B&W touchscreen in PICED, but I don't have one here to experiment with. My problem is that I simply cannot remember what the "Inbuilt Screens" are, and what they display.

For example, there's a Page Link > Special Page item named "Diagnostics". I remember that screen having a number of Menu Items (some leading to sub-menus), including some to adjust Schedules. I can't remember if there is something in there for Calibration, Setting the Time, etc... so I don't know what utility menus I need to add to my PICED Project.

Does anyone have details of exactly what happens when you use all those Special Pages, and what they link to?

Also, how is the appearance of the "internal screens" configured? Do the buttons etc pick up the attributes of the theme components, or do I need to make my own custom versions of the pages if I want them to match?

Is there any reason why PICED couldn't display those screens, even if they weren't "live" ? That sure would help us designers, and also would help in documentation too.

Finally - I note in PICED there is also a list of "Special Functions", including things like "Schedule Edit" and "Scene Edit". When I use this action in Simulation Mode, it causes PICED's editor to open - what happens when the project is running in the C-Touch?

I find this whole aspect quite confusing and poorly documented in the PICED help file. Whilst all the Help titles say "Cbus2" (copied across from the old C-touch software) it's almost like the info for B&W C-touch has been added an an afterthought. For example, comments like this in the Help File :
    ... then a long list, but nothing showing specifically which ones are available to PAC / CTS / B&W

But don't I remember seeing a chart somewhere about that ?

Thanks, John

JohnC, Mar 7, 2006
  2. JohnC

Darren Senior Member

Refer to the C-Touch User's Guide for details of the screens and their use. This document can be found in the manuals folder (select the Help | Manuals menu item then open the 5000CT User's Guide).
    These screens can not be changed. You can create your own version of these pages using your theme components and the appropriate special functions.
    This is on the list of things to do, but won't happen soon. It doesn't offer a lot of benefit and the screens do change from time to time.
    The equivalent editor on the C-Touch opens. See the C-Touch users guide.
    On the contrary. The C-Touch information was originally the only information in the help file and the others were added later. The help files are continually being improved as we find things which are missing or get feedback from users.
    When using the software, only the applicable special functions are listed in the drop down list. The latest (unreleased) help file lists the special functions against each product.

Darren, Mar 7, 2006
  3. JohnC

JohnC

Thanks Darren - I never thought to RTFM ! :rolleyes: DOH

Remember that a lot of my confusion was simply because I don't have a C-touch here to look at and play with, and was relying on memory about what stuff was included internally. But a cross-reference matrix within PICED will be a great addition.

JohnC, Mar 7, 2006
Ask a Question