Anyone done RS232 control of Foxtel IQ2 Box?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by paulyp, Apr 13, 2015.

1. paulyp

paulyp

Hi guys,
    I'm keen to do RS232 control of my Foxtel IQ2 Box, has anyone done this? Can the channel, volume etc be changed via this method?

Or IP control from the CTouch would be even better but I think that would be too difficult with the authorisation process etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

paulyp, Apr 13, 2015
  2. paulyp

Conformist

What about using the IR blaster (5034NIRT) for C-Bus? I'm happy to learn the codes for you if they don't already exist somewhere. You could then control from touchscreen, or any C-Bus device then

Conformist, Apr 14, 2015
  3. paulyp

paulyp

Hi Conformist,
    I'm keen to do RS232 control, I'm currently doing it for my Yamaha RXV3900, I also want to add my Samsung to RS232 control.

Its a more resilient method for control so keen to do it that way.

I only have a CTouch screen and 1 x NIRT. If someone had some examples of sending IR codes to the NIRT I'd love to see them so I could copy and modify for my setup.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Paul

paulyp, Apr 14, 2015
  4. paulyp

Conformist

Hi Paul

I didn't think Foxtel had an RS232 port for control in the IQ2 box...

Conformist, Apr 14, 2015
  5. paulyp

znelbok

From all my research it aint gonna happen. They are too tight lipped about anything to do with the box.

There was a product in the UK (They used a box similar to Foxtel's) that had a serial interface and injected the commands into the RF input - the same way they do it now when you use the web to set recordings.

Maybe look down that path and see if its been developed to support the IQ box.

znelbok, Apr 14, 2015
Ask a Question