Another Hardware Query - CBUS and Hometheatre Control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Dak, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Dak

Dak

Hello,

Can you please confirm my thinking.

Is it possible using the CBus 5034NIRT (transmitter) and the 5100RP (reader) to learn the codes say for my Yamaha receiver and other theatre stuff, and then use a 3rd party remote control (say the Phillips Pronto) or a Crestron Touch screen to send an IR signal to a CBUS IR Receiver which would then control the theatre gear...

Hang on......... I just re-read the question and am asking myself why I would want to do this anyway if I already have a 3rd party learning remote such as the pronto or equivalent. The remote would just learn all the theatre IR codes and it would directly control the theatre stuff. What I would like to do is control the lighting, curtains, a/c from the lounge chair / pronto / crestron.

So maybe, I would do this using the CBUS IR receiver (by the way what is the product code for this receiver)...the pronto would send a signal to the IR receiver which would trigger a lighting group address, a curtain group address, and a IR code via the CBus transmitter to the Air Conditioner.

Can I control any group address on the CBus network if I have a IR Receiver unit connected to the CBus network?

Sorry about the confusing post....its just the way my mind works...in a confusing manner. :)

Thanks in advance.
    Dak

Dak, Nov 30, 2005
  2. Dak

Newman

Dak

Yes, you can control any C-Bus group address from Infrared.

There are 2 ways to go:

• Purchase a 5031NIRL and learn the IR codes from a 5034TX12 or 5038TX into your pronto / crestron / whatever
    • Purchase a Touch Screen. You can configure the touch screen to respond to any NEC protocol infrared remote. Configure your pronto / crestron / whatever accordingly.

Newman, Nov 30, 2005
  3. Dak

Dak

Thanks for the reply Newman,

I have 2 Color Touch Screens, but one is positioned in the entry foyer and the other is in the upstairs kitchen/meals area. Neither is close to the theatre room.

Newman what are the 5034TX12 or 5038TX? I have not seen these. Are these part of or the same as the 5034NIRT?

Do I need the 5100RP?

Thanks again.

Dak, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Dak

Richo

These are IR remote controls we sell. They issue Clipsal format IR codes and are supported by various CBus units that receive IR commands.

This is a commissioning tool and is not C-Bus related. It is used for learning IR codes from a remote to by used in Circa. It can not be used for what you describe.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2005
    Richo, Nov 30, 2005
  5. Dak

Dak

Richo,

So if I wanted to send a signal to my air conditioner, I would use the 5100RP to learn the air conditioners IR signal, and then would have the 5034NIRT send the air conditioner the signal via my pronto / crestron or 5034TX12 or 5038TX.

Just getting it clear in my head.

Thanks again.

Dak, Dec 1, 2005
  6. Dak

Richo

Yes, that is correct.

Not quite. The nirt is "triggered" by group/level changes so you still need another unit to receive the IR command from the pronto etc... This unit would then need to trigger the right group/level so the Nirt then responds to the request. This is possible by using a C-Touch for example which can repsond the IR request from the Pronto and issue the correct group/level change so the Nirt then issues the right IR code to the Air Conditioner.

Richo, Dec 1, 2005
Ask a Question