Android App ... need some feedback!

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by MadMal, Mar 15, 2013.

1. MadMal

MadMal

sorry to take a while to get back ... I have been slightly distracted on a few other projects (playing with 220t trucks, 7000t train sets and panamax class ships!)

I have now got the app reading in all the details for this and also worked out how to bring in the DLT labels at the same time ;) and store it all in the back end database ..

I am just working on the screen layout to work with all this new data without cluttering things too much ...

It should be released very shortly ...

I also have started incorporating some other controls from systems such as the M1, etc .. but this will be launched in separate apps - MyElk and MyHome as well as some others that are in design ...

There is also an online component coming out shortly that will allow you to manage the profile and configuration on a number of devices ....

MadMal, Jul 25, 2014
  2. MadMal

polerz

Look forward to the release :)

polerz, Aug 5, 2014
  3. MadMal

anke639

I've just downloaded this application from the Play Store to use on my Nexus 5. I'm really excited by its potential, and looking forward to the updated release.

The only problem I'm having is that the only group control I can access is on/off. I am unable to access dimmer control at all.

Looking forward to seeing updates.

anke639, Nov 13, 2014
  4. MadMal

MadMal

Hi Vinay,

We are pleased you like the app ?

Unfortunately the only way to modify this in the currently released version is to go into the project configuration (from the locations screen, select the edit icon), then applications, lighting (I assume), edit the tag you want to change and change the action from on/off to dimmer.

In the version soon (!) to be released, you can do this directly from the controls view ?

We are currently up to about iteration 10 of the code review for the release of the new version ? unfortunately a few other paid apps have had to be given some more love lately :(

Unfortunately we wont be supplying the APK to anyone unless they want to pay us some money for it and we have no plans to remove it from the market place .. indeed, we do intend to keep developing it to complete the existing features and also add a number of others we want to put in ?

MadMal, Nov 13, 2014
  5. MadMal

anke639

Thanks very much for your help. I was able to find the dimmer functionality! Once you know where it is, its really easy to use.

Loving the app, and looking forward to seeing the new release. Understandable that paid apps get preferential treatment!

Thanks again!

anke639, Nov 13, 2014
Ask a Question