Analogue Output Unit - Forcing 1V minimum

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by MrEcosse, Nov 22, 2006.

1. MrEcosse

MrEcosse

We have a cold cathode application that requires an analogue input of between 1 and 10V.

Is there any way of forcing the Analogue Output Unit not to go below 1V? I am told that there are a number of ballasts which require this.

The client wants to use a key as a dimmer, in other words we can't just use scenes and ensure that the 'Off' scene sets the level at 10%.

Any help gratefully received.

MrEcosse, Nov 22, 2006
  2. MrEcosse

UncleSam

Set the minimum brightnes to 10%?

UncleSam, Nov 22, 2006
  3. MrEcosse

UncleSam

Set the minimum brightnes to 10%?

UncleSam, Nov 22, 2006
  4. MrEcosse

UncleSam

The machine is playing about with me so this is my third attempt to answer fully.

Put a temporary group address in to a key and set function to preset 10%,

in the AM logic tab - tick the boxes of the channels you require put the same group address into one of the logic feilds of the analogue unit(s) and select MAX logic

connect key and AM units to a functioning network and hit the key (loads 10% in to logic field)

remove temporary group from key but leave it in the AM unit(s)

program the keys controlling the AM channels as normal dimmers or what ever, you will find the MAX logic level and the preset 10% will stop te brightness from ever going below 10% even when the control key is set to off.

UncleSam, Nov 22, 2006
  5. MrEcosse

mattyb

There is a Min/Max tab in the toolkit GUI for the L5504AMP...couldn't you just set the minimum level there to 10%?

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Nov 22, 2006
  6. MrEcosse

UncleSam

Yes but the level would still go to 0% when you turned it off. I read from the original post that the level should not go below 1V even when off, if I mis understood that then you are on the money the min brightness would do it (that was my original response until I re read the posting and tried to edit it). How about it MrEcosse?

UncleSam, Nov 27, 2006
Ask a Question