AMX and cbus use together,can cbus feeback to AMX?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rg2, Jul 6, 2009.

1. rg2

rg2

I use the AMX and cbus together,and i buy the C-Bus 5500PC PC Interface,and i via the rs232 send command,but whatever i send anything like 'abc' ,it will echo 'abc'.
    If we send on/off etc command, it works fine,and will echo that command too.

so use the amx's module,and try it again.
    Yes, i can control cbus via AMx too. Thing is i would like to get feedback on the amx system. IE, say someone used a cbus keypad at basement to turn off the light, i'd like the amx panel to display that also. Now i could only send command to the clipsal to control them, but whenever someone else use the clipsal system via anything other than the AMX panel, i would not see the real status of the system from amx panel.
    For example, i send "'STATUS:38'", it will return "C-BUS ERROR=FAILED RETRANSMISSION", or if i send "'VERSION?'" it will return "'C-BUS ERROR=FAILED RETRANSMISSION" also and so on.

so,should i buy some other devices of cbus about feedback? if i don't buy it ,it will not feedback? or should i setting the cbus about feedback someing? how can i let cbus return the feedback that not just i send to it ? i want get the light state now and do not change it's state.

Anyhelp greatly appreciated ,thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
    rg2, Jul 6, 2009
  2. rg2

filpee

Yes.

It works quite well and I have used it many times.

I assume you are on the AMX forums where I have posted a bit more detail about this for you.

filpee, Jul 7, 2009
Ask a Question