Alternative Web interface for CBus ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rolecgroup, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Rolecgroup

Rolecgroup

We've been users of Homegate since V1 - and have no problem with it on PC's and Touchscreens.

We now want to put it onto PDA's or in this instance Nokia 770's - since the arrival of ServerX its virtually impossible to display Homegate on a small screen because of the large border and exit button. Plus the logging in thing is a pain in the bum - none of which was necessary with Homegate V1.

Does anyone have any alternative solutions to getting a fullscreen webpage with CBus controls on it.

I'm quite handy with HTML/ASP so not afraid to do that side of things - i'm sure i read somewhere you could interface pages direct with CGate - is this right ? - and if so is there some literature somewhere to give me an idea of what to do.

Alternatively - can you still use the V1 way of displaying webpages with the latest Homegate ?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Dean.

Rolecgroup, Jun 21, 2006
Ask a Question