all off via scenes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by znelbok, Feb 26, 2007.

1. znelbok

znelbok

I have followed this forum for a few years now and have seen many time people recomend that an all off should be done via a scene instead of the application.

While I have always used the aoolication method, I find myself needing to use a scene as I need one of the loads to remain on. I created a scene, but it only allows for 10 groups to be included. In my case there are a few more than 10 groups that I want to turn off.

How can I do this - I dont have a PAC or a touchscreen to use logic either.

Mick

znelbok, Feb 26, 2007
  2. znelbok

PSC

Have you tried using the output logic option???

PSC, Feb 26, 2007
  3. znelbok

Duncan

You could "join" scenes between Neo/Saturn/Reflection plates together to achieve more than 10 groups..

By assigning the same Trigger Group to the plates and the same Action Selectors to the scenes you could have a group of Input Units collaborate to execute a very large scene..

The drawback is that each part of the scene on each plate would need to be assigned to a key in order to get its Action Selector assigned.

Duncan, Feb 26, 2007
  4. znelbok

rhamer

Get your self a Minder, it's dead easy using one of those.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Feb 26, 2007
  5. znelbok

Don

It depends a little on the vintage of the units you are using. More recent Neo and Saturn style units (firmware version 1.6.00+) support up to 40 groups in a single scene, and Toolkit should regognise these and allow you to program it. All DLT units support 40 groups on a scene as well. If you have a C-Touch on the network of course it is dead easy..

Don, Feb 27, 2007
  6. znelbok

znelbok

Thanks Guys

no more output logic available - all four are used

Isn't joining scenes going to waste a button on a key input? Trying to avoid that as spare inputs are very limited if non existent.

Yes a minder will do it, but I don't think the people concerned will want to spend the money on some outdated hardware (no offense Rohan - I know you like your minder).

The best way to resolve my problem is for a single channel DIN rail relay - but alas they are not available (a standard single channel will not "fit" the installation).

Mick

znelbok, Feb 27, 2007
  7. znelbok

NickD Moderator

Is there any wireless gear in the installation? The wireless stuff has 16 blocks, so you don't waste any keys, it has gobs of scene memory, and does some more funky stuff with scenes to boot.

Perhaps even if they don't already have any wireless gear you can sell them a wireless gateway, a few remotes and plug adapters... I have a few plug adapters running the coffee machine and panel heaters (on schedules).. and I reckon this is one of the best features of my installation :) The wireless remotes rock too, and with the gateway they don't just do the wireless gear.

Nick

NickD, Feb 27, 2007
  8. znelbok

rhamer

Outdated!! how rude, you can still buy them you know :p

Overpriced and badly supported I think is a better description. :D

You could also write a macro in CQC if they are using that.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Feb 27, 2007
Ask a Question