All of command

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaden66, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Jaden66

Jaden66

Hi,

I would like to have a switch button give an all off command, say button 4 is all lights that I specify, will turn off if they are not already off. I would have thought this is a group setting? Or do I set up a scene and will that show up in my list of what I can assign the buttons to?

Thanks

Jaden66, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Jaden66

Ashley

You use a scene.

What type of switch are you using? We need to know this stuff because we are engineers and electricians so our psychic powers are limited.

Ashley, Feb 7, 2021
    Graham Lamb likes this.
  3. Jaden66

Jaden66

Apologies. I am an electronics engineer and class a switch plate with mec's say like a 5086NL or a 5034N as a switch! Should have stated wall switch!
    What I am trying to do is that anywhere I have 4 buttons on a switch plate, like the 5086L or even a 5085DL, I would like button 4 to throw all lights in a designated group to 'off'. Example, in bed and I think. 'did I turn the office light off?' I can hit button 4 and it will throw that group to all off. If I have a 4 button or 6 button wall switch plate, both the button '4' will do an all off.

Thanks

Jaden66, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Jaden66

Jaden66

I am thinking that the 5085Dl would be able to do a scene and possibly a 'dumb' button plate like the 5086NL cannot?

Jaden66, Feb 7, 2021
  5. Jaden66

Ashley

Both the 5086NL and 5085DL can store and execute scenes. The 5034NL cannot.

Open the switch dialog.
    For the key function select <scene>.
    Click on the 3 dots to the left.
    Click the plus sign by the trigger group and create a new group called say 'global'
    Click on the plus sign by the action selector and create a new on called say 'All Off'
    Select a ramp rate if you want it to happen slowly (this is a good idea as it gives people an idea all the lights are going off).
    Click on Edit Scenes, then select all the groups you want. Set their levels to zero. Note you are limited to 40 groups. If you need more than that, come back and ask.
    OK everything.

Try the button out.

You can get other buttons to trigger this scene. Just go through the same steps on the switch, but leave the scene empty.When you press the button it will send out the action selector for the trigger group which the switch with the scene defined will pick up and execute the scene.

Ashley, Feb 7, 2021
  6. Jaden66

Jaden66

Thanks Ashley, very detailed reply. I will give this a go.

muchly appreciated

Jaden66, Feb 7, 2021
  7. Jaden66

Ashley

That should read the 3 dots to the right :)

Ashley, Feb 7, 2021
  8. Jaden66

Jaden66

Thx

Jaden66, Feb 7, 2021
  9. Jaden66

chromus

There is another possibility, there is a control on the output units where you can set all channels to on/off/specific dim.

On the Unit ID tab, the "Area" group can be set, this can be used as a Master control.

You can then attach that group to a button

I personally prefer to set individual areas per floor or other logical splits

Eg Grnd Floor/1st Floor/etc/ Outside then you can have more granular control, but this relies on you having a properly planned out output unit install.

You can then use Scenes to do all areas at once as per recommendations above, but over a MUCH smaller number of groups.

chromus, Feb 9, 2021
    Jaden66 likes this.
Ask a Question