All light switches not working. Need a technician in Eastern Melbourne

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PJL, Nov 26, 2022.

1. PJL

PJL

Our house we bought a few years ago has a very early CBUS system installed. We've had numerous issues with the system since moving in (usually post power outage) which have always self resolved (eventually). Today all the light switches stopped working. Some of the buttons flash, some don't do anything. I can still manually turn them on off via the relays. I suspect the system was largely installed by the precious homeowner himself. I have no idea how the system works. The previous owner left a laptop for the programming but we have not touched it...

I'm after recommendations for a technician to come and diagnose and fix. I'm located in Ringwood VIC

Cheers,
    Peter

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    PJL, Nov 26, 2022
  2. PJL

Diggerz

Hi Peter,

I may be able to assist, I’m not to far from Ringwood, I’ll send you a PM

Diggerz, Nov 27, 2022
  3. PJL

PJL

Thanks Diggerz but I managed to get a hold of the previous home owner who installed the system. He generously offered to come over (from regional VIC!) and take a look. Turns out it was a short circuit in an external 4-gang that an electrician had recently touched when I had some garden lighting/pond pumps removed. Strange that it took a couple of weeks to show up though. He also Identified a couple of dead modules that would be good to have replaced.

PJL, Nov 27, 2022
    Diggerz likes this.
Ask a Question