Alfred Update made Alfred go Nuts

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by BradJ, Jan 9, 2005.

1. BradJ

BradJ

I installed the latest Alfred (Oct 2003) over the previous version, ran it and run the Web update from it and now whenever it runs it goes into some weird loop where alf3dupd brings up a dialogue saying a version of Alfred is already running and must be closed for the update to complete, and alfred opens and closes. Alfred and the Update dialogue open and close about 2-3 times a second. Forever.

I deleted alf3dupd.exe and it stopped the looping. Alfred now complains that the update failed and I should ring tech support, but I can get past this and use Alfred. But I don't know if the update was applied.

How can I fix this?

BradJ, Jan 9, 2005
  2. BradJ

Richo

Alfred is not product of CIS and as such you will be lucky to find anyone here who can offer any advise or support. The mostly engineering staff here only know Alfred the product by name and would not and probably never have had it installed.

I suggest contacting the support staff using whatever info was supplied with the CD or contact Clipsal Australia direct for assistance with that product.

Richo, Jan 9, 2005
Ask a Question