AirCon 1:6 Duty Cycle loop

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by Tango, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Tango

Tango

I am not smart enough to work this out and would like help if anyone can please.

A ducted AirCon system requires a continuous duty cycle of the AC fan and pump to be on for 20mins and then turn off the pump leaving just the fan on for 3mins to remove condensation then turn on the AirCon pump again for the next 20min and repeat until the AirCon system is turn off.

I looked at using schedules first but there doesn’t seem to be any way to loop them .
    Currently the system uses simple scenes to turn on the HVAC system.

Scenes Fan Heat AirCon
    Scene 1 - - -
    Scene 2 on - -
    Scene 3 on on -
    Scene 4 on - on

I assume that code could pulse the scenes and then loop back?
    Has anyone already posted a logic example to address this previously?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Tango, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Tango

Ashley

What logic devices do you have? Touch Screen, Wiser, SHAC?

From what you say, the fan stays on all the time, and the pump runs for 20 minutes every 23 minutes.

So you need a schedule that runs every 23 minutes and pulses the pump on for 20 minutes.

Ashley, Jan 29, 2022
  3. Tango

Tango

I will be using a PAC for this task and yes the fan is on for the 3 active scenes.

Tango, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Tango

Tango

Its a LENNOX Gas ducted heater with add on air con condener on the out put stage. The onboard Lennox control board has separate independant inputs to control the fan, fan speed, heat on and A/C pump on. This alows heater and AC to be on at the same time if dehuimidifing is required while heating. It also allows the Fan motor to continue to run after the A/C pump is deactivated to allow the condenser to defrost before turning the pump on again. This is the reason why a duty cycle logic or schedule is needed.

Tango, Feb 3, 2022
Ask a Question