Advice/Help: Multi Sensor Occupancy Enable/Disable Programming

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Lliam, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Lliam

Lliam

Hi All

I am working on a project that requires the multi sensors (mixture of 5753peirl and 5753l) to have the occupancy function disabled so lights they are controlling are always on during business hours then occupancy function with timers enabled outside of business hours.

This is normally no issue, just create schedules to enable/disbale the sensors. Done it plenty of times before.

The problem this time is am also using the sensors to control switch groups that are being exported onto BACNET to the BMS system. So the BMS system can see when the area is occupied and switch their HVAC system accordingly. This needs to be active 24/7 so i can't just disable occupancy function as this will stop the BMS system receiving the status changes they need.

Is there anyway of achieving this with the standard sensor programming options and scheduling or could this only be done with logic? (There is a 5500NAC installed on this job).
    I would like to avoid logic though if possible because i need to try and make the business hours schedules easily ajustable by client after handover, and i don't think schedules controlled by logic that can only be adjusted by making changes to script is going to be very user friendly for the client.

Also a couple extra curve balls are:
    It is a mixture of DALI and relay controlled lights
    The DALI lights are also under light level maintenance control by the multi sensors

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Lliam, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Lliam

Ashley

For the Cbus output units you can use the logic tab OR (or MAX) function so that the sensor and switch will control the lights interdependently. Create a separate group address for the switch (or schedule if that's how you are turning them on during the day), then put this ga in the logic entry for the lights and select the OR function (for a relay). This way the lights will be on if either the sensor or switch is on. So the switch will override the sensor during the day.

Ashley, Nov 10, 2021
  3. Lliam

Lliam

Hi Ashley, thanks for you reply. Sounds like exactly what I need but I assume this will only work for the lights controlled by cbus relay channels that have the logic tab available.

a majority of the lights are actually Dali ballasts being controlled through a Dali gateway. Would there be a similar option for these ? ( that dosnt require writing logic)

thanks

Lliam, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Lliam

Lliam

I tested Ashley's suggestion yesterday and it worked %100, just need to setup schedules to turn the logic GA on or off.

Still leaves me with the issue of achieving the same with the DALI switch groups. Its looking like that can only be done by running a logic script on the 5500NAC. Can anyone give me a rough guide on how to achieve this? I have done some logic scripting on the old C-touch screens but not yet on the NAC's.

Thanks

Lliam, Nov 13, 2021
Ask a Question