Advice building a new home

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Odyssey, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Odyssey

Odyssey

Hi - Can you please give us tip on getting C-Bus installed in our home we are building? We would like to have the blinds, fans, lights, security, irrigation, hi-fi, wi-fi, air cond all on the system but are new to this. We also looked at KNX and wondered if anyone has used this system. Advice on what to do and not do would be great too. Any advice would be appreciated and well received. Thanks :)

Odyssey, Feb 27, 2015
  2. Odyssey

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Odyssey,

I see that you are located in Adelaide. I recommend you grab a floorplan of your house and make an appointment at the Clipsal Powerhouse display centre at 6\69 Sir Donald Bradman Drive Hilton SA 5033, P: (08) 8161 0751. They'll walk you through a system tailored to your needs and budget and point you to an approved installer to do the work.

PS - since you are building now my advice is to get your cabling runs sorted before the plaster goes on the walls. You'll also need to set aside space for the cabinet(s) in a cupboard, under the stairs or some other cavity.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    daniel, Mar 5, 2015
  3. Odyssey

Matthew

not for the faint hearted...

Hi & welcome
    C-Bus can add some cool and handy features when well planned, installed and commissioned.
    C-Bus in basic format without this planning and consideration and a budget to allow such features will simply be an expensive on / off switch.
    As a minimum you will need to allow $10-$20K on top of your existing electrical budget for a decent C-Bus integration.

I can offer preplanning advice and consultation if you are interested. PM me for details

Matthew, Mar 7, 2015
Ask a Question