Advanced features on CTouch (Mono) required

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by renaulth, Jan 5, 2007.

1. renaulth

renaulth

Hi all

I have to program a CTouch panel together with a Comfort Minder panel to achieve the following:

I'm controlling a clients 5 irrigation zones through CTouch and Minder, 5 c-bus on/off buttons on the touchpanel switches on/off 5 groups which are in turn read by Minder as 5 counters, which activates/deactivates the Output wired to that specific irrigation zone.

What the client wants is to have the 5 buttons to select a zone, and then an up/down button to increment/decrement a timer (0 - 60minutes), a 'timer/clock' component that indicates the selected time and a stop/start button. So basically he wants a variable timer for his irrigation system, on the CTouch panel. He also wants additional intelligence and feedback, e.g. the timer must then visually count down till 0 and deactivate the output, the 5 zone butons must have an interlock-type feature where only one can be active at any given moment.

This seems like quite a feat, if at all possible. Can anyone steer me into some direction?

Thanks
    RH

renaulth, Jan 5, 2007
  2. renaulth

smeebag

Bump!

Hi all. Have been searching for something like this and this is all i have found.
    I want to do a similar thing with some lights, so the user can set a time for the lights to run.

Any thoughts?

smeebag, Sep 22, 2009
  3. renaulth

Mark

Touchscreen with Logic

Hi,

It'll take a little bit of work, but you can achieve this sort of functionality on a touchscreen with Logic, so either the colour touchscreen or B&W Mk2.

I would do something like:
    - Create a SystemIO value for the run time, display it on a page and provide buttons to edit it.
    - Have buttons to turn the Groups on and also enable a logic module.
    - In the logic module, seed a Logic Timer with the SystemIO value on the first execution.
    - On expiration of the logic timer turn the group address off.
    - Also display the Logic Timer value on the screen to show run time remaining

The interlocking could be done by:
    - Using scenes - so when button is pushed it turns the other groups off and the required one on.
    - Logic, if timing is critical. Change the button function to just enable the logic module. First execution can turn off the other groups, then a later execution can turn on the required group, enforcing a changeover time.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark, Sep 22, 2009
  4. renaulth

smeebag

As i was fearing, I'll have to buff up my coding skills :)
    I'll also need some math to convert logic timer to hh:mm etc ?
    I better go do some homework!

Thanks Mark.

smeebag, Sep 22, 2009
  5. renaulth

smeebag

Tada!!

Thanks Mark, definately put me on track.

I have the guts of it sorted and working.

once (GetLightingState("start1") = ON) then
    begin
    duration1 := (GetIntSystemIO("hr1")*3600) + (GetIntSystemIO("mm1")*60) + (GetIntSystemIO("ss1")*1) ;

PulseCBusLevel("ex1", "Lighting", "Kitchen", 50%, "4s", duration1, 0);

end;

The pulse command works a treat and countdown display is provided by simple cbus timer clock tool.

I had to use 3 seperate io's for hr,mm,ss to allow for more rapid setting by the user.

Just need to add a couple of lines to clear the io's when finished etc.

smeebag, Sep 22, 2009
  6. renaulth

Mark

User System Io

Hi,

Great to hear you have it working!

For next time, it may be easier to use a Time type User System IO value, which you can display directly on a clock component and use to seed the logic timer directly (its just an integer underneath). You can then create button to nudge up/down by 3600/60/1 seconds for setting the hours/minutes/seconds.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark, Sep 23, 2009
  7. renaulth

smeebag

Yes mate, i had a play with the logic timers, but couldn't work out how to display a countdown timer . . . till just now

timeset - timertime DUH!

Its all good now, thanks for the help.

smeebag, Sep 23, 2009
Ask a Question