Additional "Enable" logic?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by RossW, Nov 26, 2005.

1. RossW

RossW

I'm hoping someone can assist, or point me in the right direction. I want to enable a series of functions from "enable/disable" toggles on a c-touch. I already have several working with schedules and using a toggle to enable it, for things like turning on outside lights at sunset until a certain time, running bathroom floor heating before people get up, running the hot-water circulation pump at peak times etc and all that works fine.

However, other items - like WHEN the generator is running
    * alternately run the east and west hydronics pumps
    * if tank temperature is high enough, run transfer pumps to "bank"
    heat for winter use
    * run water transfer pump if house tank is below 75% full

I have these things working as hard-coded operations but would really like to be able to enable or disable them from my "controls" page.

I don't have a PAC, and can't justify the expense of one, but surely the c-touch has enough "smarts" to do this, and it's just me who can't see a way?

The "generator running" is signaled by a modified (don't yell at me!) NEO switch, I've soldered opto-couplers and diodes across the switches so remote AC/DC levels can interface to the c-bus network with all the functionality of a NEO switchplate - lets me have generator run, security system enabled/disabled, doorbells, various alarm conditions, prox-card, low fuel sensors etc all operate stuff it otherwise couldn't.

If anyone has thoughts/suggestions how I can practically add another level of "enable" to these functions, I'd be grateful.

Also, if anyone has thought of a way to do 3-state (or 'N'-state cyclical) switching on c-touch, I'd love to hear. (ie, a single button that can switch between on/off/auto)

Thanks,
    RossW

RossW, Nov 26, 2005
  2. RossW

Darren Senior Member

It sounds like this is beyond the capability of the Black and White C-Touch, but I have seen the "impossible" done before...
    This made me laugh :) I love it when people do such wonderful things. I think that modifying a Neo will probably void the warrantee though ;)
    The best way is to have three separate buttons each setting the same group to a different level. They can be set up to show as being active when the group is at the preset level. This way you can see which is selected.

Darren, Nov 28, 2005
  3. RossW

RossW

Yeah, I figured that before I even started. Still, one sacraficial switch was cheaper than one 4-port input device, more flexible, and twice the number of inputs.

That gets a mite cumbersome (not to mention, cluttered) on a screen with a heap of such "enables". I have currently 8 of them and when I'm finished expect to have at least 20.

20 tristate buttons is managable, but 60 isn't... as it is, I have them displaying things like "OFF", "ON" and a timer (hh:mm) or just a short text item that is descriptive ("SodiumAuto" or "SodiumOff") etc.

I'll keep thinking about it - all I really need is to have one key input function enabled or disabled based on the state of another - much like the PIR sensors can do, but on a per-key-input basis.

RossW

RossW, Nov 28, 2005
Ask a Question