Adding loads more units, and moving from CBUS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 786umar, Nov 19, 2006.

1. 786umar

786umar

Hi

3 years ago I did half of my house lighting with CBUS. We have 5 dimmers a touchscreen some PIRs a light sensor and a few Neos gang switches.

I programmed it all up on a laptop using the CBUS software. I had been on a 2 day course run by Clipsal in the UK.

We have now finished the other half of the house.

This is a separate CBUS network with its own dimmers, switches, etc all connected. The idea is we will connect the two gangs of dimmers with cat5, thus enabling both "networks" to combine as one.

I havent programmed the "second" network yet.

My original idea was to connect them together, and then do a re-scan.

Problem is, I;ve forgotten most of the features of CBUS software. I can re-learn, but the question I have is

- Should I use the new Toolkit software? (If I have to re-learn I may aswell learn the latest software).

- If so, what is the best way forward?

- How do I "Import" my current configuration

- It is important that I dont lose the current configuration.

- Are there any user guides out there?

I have seen the very useful Quick Tutorials section posted by Duncan, but is there any other advice you can give?

Finally is there any telephone support available in the UK. My only contact from the CBUS course seems to have left Clipsal, so any contacts here would be useful.

Many thanks

786umar, Nov 19, 2006
  2. 786umar

Wonkey

- Should I use the new Toolkit software? (If I have to re-learn I may aswell learn the latest software).
    YES it is possible that some of the new equipment would not be supported in the old software

- If so, what is the best way forward?
    Down load toolkit software from
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/c-bus_toolkit

- How do I "Import" my current configuration

On the toolkit software there is a button marked imort project this will bring the project from the V2 software into toolkit

- Are there any user guides out there?
    Training manuals on the CIS website have a look at the basic manuals first
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/technical_support/training2/cbus_control_and_management_system

I have seen the very useful Quick Tutorials section posted by Duncan, but is there any other advice you can give?

I would suggest importing your existing project from the V2 software to toolkit. making note of the unit addresses you have used and add one new unit at a time and address it. this may take a bit of time but as you are relearning the product this would involve less risk and build your confidence steadily

Wonkey, Nov 20, 2006
  3. 786umar

Richo

Toolkit comes with a sizable help file full of juicy C-Bus goodness.

Richo, Nov 20, 2006
  4. 786umar

786umar

Thanks to Wonkey & Richo for your quick responses.

I'll let you know how I get on

786umar, Nov 20, 2006
Ask a Question