Adding application beyond 113 (71 HEX)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ismu, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ismu

ismu

HI!

I'm new to c-bus system so sorry I this questions seem curious or obvious:

With C-Bus Toolkit (1.3.2), I'm trying the two application Air-conditioning and Security. As you know, theses application number are respectively $AC and $D0.

Here is my problem: I don't figure how to add theses applications, the Toolkit only allow application address between 049 and 114 !

I added a screenshot to help you visualize what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I previously did a search in the forum to make sure that this question wasn't already asked

P.P.S. Sorry for my bad English, this is not my mother tongue!

Attached Files:

• why.bmp
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
    ismu, Apr 19, 2006
  2. ismu

Duncan

To create these applications you'd need to set a couple of preferences on.. see File|Preferences|Compatibility..Check both options ON and all Applications can be created..

Are you able to describe what you intend to do with these Applications.. just to make sure its in line with what they are meant to be used for?

Duncan, Apr 19, 2006
  3. ismu

Richo

Those preferences are for backwards compatibility with old systems only. If you can absolutely avoid using them do so. Using Applications outside the default range supplied in the selection can cause units designed for the special applications to not work correctly and cause instability on your network.

I repeat if you absolutely can avoid using them DO NOT USE them.

Applications like security use a different protocol to normal lighting applications and if you try to use lighting commands and devices designed for lighting on the security application then security application devices will not function correctly.

If you use these excluded addresses then your project will be considered legacy by Toolkit and in the future it will limit your ability to use new features and correctly install some newer hardware.

Richo, Apr 20, 2006
  4. ismu

ismu

Thanks for the tips, I take note of your warnings! For know, I think I will only need the On and Off command for air-cond. (witch is seem to work on my lighting equipment...).

But if I should not use anything else than lighting application, why Clipsal develop Audio&Video, Metering, Security, etc.?

For the security application : How I'm supose to configure my C-Bus network to react with my alarm system? Does someone ever used the security application? I'm a little bit confused here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2006
    ismu, Apr 24, 2006
  5. ismu

Duncan

The Security Application, for example, is designed to be used with Alarm Panels that are manufactured under the C-Bus Enabled Program and which communicate directly onto C-Bus using the special C-Bus commands defined by the Security Application.

Duncan, Apr 24, 2006
  6. ismu

ismu

Hi Ducan,

What I do not understand is what the C-Bus can do with my Alarm Panel (witch is designed to send command to the C-Bus when it's arming, or zones open for examples). If I have a dimmer (DIMDN4), is it possible to configure my dimmer to open a light when the Alarm Panel send a command to the C-Bus? Do I need to buy additionnal equipment on the C-Bus side?

ismu, Apr 25, 2006
  7. ismu

ashleigh Moderator

Depends on who made your alarm panel.

If your alarm panel is certified as "C-Bus Enabled", then normally it can control lighting devices on some security events.

The security application is there to allow the panel to be controlled. Right now there are few (if any) devices that issue these commands, but they are coming.

It's a chicken and egg case - you need to have a security system that can be controlled before you try and control one :). This is what the security application is for, and if you try and use it for standard lighting devices your all sorts of strange havoc. So don't do it!

ashleigh, Apr 25, 2006
  8. ismu

ismu

Can you give me some examples of surch device(I checked on the web but no result), it could help me to figure what it is possible to do with the security application...

Thanks!

ismu, Apr 25, 2006
  9. ismu

Richo

C-Gate and the C-Bus telephone Interface both support the Security Application. There are plans to extend this support into the touch screen products as well, although I can't give a timeline on that.

Richo, Apr 26, 2006
  10. ismu

ismu

Thank you!
    I tried C-Gate and it seems perfects for my needs. The possibility of trapping the events of the security application will be very usefull!

ismu, Apr 27, 2006
  11. ismu

Richo

Excellent news.

Richo, Apr 27, 2006
Ask a Question