Accessing Wiser changed?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Ambro, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Ambro

Ambro

Hello all, is anyone experiencing a problem connecting to Wiser via it's local IP address via port 80 through the Wiser WIFI connection? It seems to now connect if I direct it to 8080 (which is my management port); however other computers on the LAN with a RG45 connection have no problems connecting with the normal IP address.

I have recently upgrade its firmware and the 6/6/12 software release; could this have changed things or is there a setting that I have entered incorrectly to experience this? I have not tested remote connections yet as I'm waiting on the iPhone software update.

Any ideas muchly appreciated!

Cheers, Ambro

PS - I have not change any settings on the wiser after the software/firmware update; everything was working well (remote & local connections, web cam, all the bells and whistlers...) before the upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    Ambro, Jun 13, 2012
  2. Ambro

kjayakumar

Hi Ambro,

I use a similar setup, it seems to work for me. Firmware 1.25.0. Here are my setup details:
    wiser on the LAN - 192.168.100.50 , gateway 192.168.100.1
    wiser wifi ssid Wiser50 enabled on 192.168.100.50, WPA-PSK
    PICED project settings - remote projector disabled

I connect to it from a laptop which is connected to Wiser50. Seems to work fine here.

Port 8080 would be the port that you would use if you were accessing it from remote. Is the device you are connecting from on the same LAN subnet as your Wiser. You may want to provide some details of your network here, eg: Wiser's IP address, netmask, and your laptops IP address netmask. Are you able to ping the Wiser when you are on the LAN and do you get any errors when trying to access the normal port 80?

kjayakumar, Jun 14, 2012
  3. Ambro

brett_lynn

Wiser 1.3.0 just released to the App store
    Have just updated mine so that Firmware V1.25.0 is now supported

:)

brett_lynn, Jun 15, 2012
  4. Ambro

Ambro

Yes, I use 8080 for the remote management port, which I have tested with the new iPhone app & all works as normal.

My LAN range is on 192.168.0.x, where the wiser is 192.168.0.99. The netmask is 255.255.255.0 & yes, the laptop / desktops are on the same subnet. I have a NIC on both these computers; both wireless adapter & NIC have been tested with DHCP (through SBS2011) and a static address. When connecting through the wiser wireless I only seem to get these strange results. I have not tried connecting through another wireless point as yet.

Able to ping with the normal address with no problems.
    I can hit the user name and password verification when using the normal IP - it just hangs after that.

Ambro, Jun 18, 2012
  5. Ambro

Ambro

Just an update; this turned out to be the problem, I had it enabled for some reason :rolleyes:

Ambro, Aug 24, 2012
Ask a Question