Access to Wiser from Internet Explorer via WAN

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by terryd, Sep 27, 2013.

1. terryd

terryd

Hi all
    I have never been able to access my wiser for some reason. I enter the following url into Internet Explorer:
    http://my static IP:8080
    The user name/password box is displayed and I enter admin/admin, the Wiser home Control logo is displayed and a message "Authenticating socket" for a few seconds and then "Unable to connect to Wiser".

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I can connect okay using my iPhone app from outside the home network but not using a browser for some reason. Also when I type this URL in my phone in a browser, it doesn't work either, just a black screen is displayed.

Thanks for your help.
    Terry

terryd, Sep 27, 2013
  2. terryd

Thomas

Hi Terry,

Depending on your setup and which Wiser unit you have, this may be caused by port 8080 not being accessible.
    I assume that you have an internal network, and your Wiser is connected as a LAN device.
    Then, if it is the white Wiser, set up your router to port forward port 8080 (ext) to port 80 (int).
    Else try and specify port 80 when you try and access from a browser.

Again, I am assuming here. If this isn't the issue, then you will have to provide more details about your setup.

Hope this helps.

Thomas, Sep 27, 2013
  3. terryd

kjayakumar

I've seen this scenario before and the cause was that port 8888 was not forwarded to the Wiser. I'm assuming this is the option B or option C network configuration where you've got a 3rd party router upstream of the Wiser and are only forwarding 8080.

From the installation manual: http://updates.clipsal.com/clipsalonline/Files/Brochures/W0001133.pdf

Ports 8888 to 8889 are used for the
    command interface between your web
    application or projector application and
    Wiser Home Controller. If these ports
    are not open or are being blocked by
    your internet service provider then
    control from the User interface will not
    be possible.

kjayakumar, Oct 18, 2013
Ask a Question