Access to Air Condition Application

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shovelhead, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Shovelhead

Shovelhead

I'd like to be able to switch a single zone thermostat on and off from a Touchscreen.

Unable to bring up the application "Air Condition" in order to facilitate

Does anyone know why ?

Shovelhead, Nov 28, 2014
  2. Shovelhead

Ashley

The air conditioning application is a completely different protocol from lighting etc so there is no simple on/off group control. You have to access it through systemIO's. In PICED add a button, go to the systemIO tab, select, ON/OFF as the function, 'In-built' systemIO's, and 'HVAC Zone Group State' from the drop down list, and finally, your zone group.

Repeat for any other HVAC operations or statuses you want. If you just want to show a status, go to the COMPONENT menu and select PLACE TOOL then select whatever you want. This just fills in the systemIO tab for you.

Ashley, Nov 29, 2014
  3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead

Thanks for the reply Ashley.

Works a treat.....

Whilst I'm on the subject of Thermostats can you adjust the temp on a E5031RDTSL from the touchscreen in the way you can with a Single Zone Thermostat

I'm awaiting one in the post

Shovelhead, Dec 2, 2014
  4. Shovelhead

Ashley

Running the E5031RDTSL in 5031TS mode where it can switch loads is really for compatibility with the old sensor. I don't believe there is any way to adjust the temperature set point except via toolkit. You could always just put it in broadcast mode (either on the HVAC application on a new zone or the measurement application) and write some logic to turn the load on and off depending on a user configurable set-point.

Ashley, Dec 2, 2014
  5. Shovelhead

Shovelhead

Thanks for the assistance Ashley.

Shovelhead, Dec 4, 2014
Ask a Question