Access Control in B/W TS

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Extrex, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Extrex

Extrex

I am working on B/W TS and I would like to modify the access control , such that only certain users can access specific pages like Utilities.
    Though that is easy to do , more importantly I would like the buttons that links to the inaccessible pages be hidden from the user currently logged on and then appear when the adminstrator has logged in.
    I went through the manual and it shows pictures that give the options of ' Access Features' and an ' Options ' Tab, both of which are not available when I open up PICED.
    I ended up working on the project in S+ and getting the features I desired and it worked fine in the simulation mode of PICED.
    The problem is that when I transferred the program to the TS all the buttons appear blank (not just the ones the normal user doesnt have access to) with just the borders.The same thing happens with the administrator log-in.
    I still have the functionality i.e users with lower access levels cannot access the Utilites page, but I would like it if I could see something on the buttons.
    I have upgraded PICED to the latest version BTW and it still doesnt work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2006
    Extrex, Jul 6, 2006
  2. Extrex

Darren Senior Member

Black and White C-Touch doesn't support this feature. Colour C-Touch does though, which is why it is in the help file. I will update the help file to clarify this a little more.

The reason why it appeared to work in simulation mode is that the software was not written to cope with someone going out of their way to hack the project file to get an unsupported feature, and hence it got confused. This will be changed too.

Darren, Jul 6, 2006
Ask a Question