AC On/Off Control Via CBus

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Mochief, May 12, 2017.

1. Mochief

matthewe2108

Hi All,

Installed my coolinkhub and coolplug on my Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ducted A/C, got it working on there app remotely. Just need to somehow connect this RS232 to my Cbus network. Jaycar wants $190 for a serial to Ethernet converter, don't really want to spend that considering I ordered the new Wiser Automation unit last week for $1300 big ones. Can't wait to get this all working together on the Wiser.

Regards Matt

matthewe2108, Sep 13, 2017
  2. Mochief

znelbok

Can't use Ethernet on the CoolLink?

znelbok, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Mochief

matthewe2108

The Ethernet is currently hooked up to my router, on the older Coolinkhubs they had an RJ11 Interface Jack and that has been replaced with the 12-24v power supply jack. The way the manual says to connect to Home Automation is via the RS232 Plug.

I am however willing to plug the Ethernet into my Cbus network to give it ago. I am still waiting on Djaggar to send me some Logic code for my Cbus as I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to get them talking.

matthewe2108, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Mochief

rikaussie

No don't do that.... You might blow up the CooLink.

Your Wiser will need to talk to the CooLink via ethernet. i.e.. both plugged into your router.

rikaussie, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Mochief

NickD Moderator

I'm not personally familiar with the Coolmaster, but it may be that the API is only available via the RS232 port. There is obviously *something* available via ethernet, but it may not be suitable.

I'm guessing that code you're waiting on is for the existing Pascal Logic Engine, which would be fine on the Wiser2, except there is no RS232 port if that's what you need. Your only option there would be a serial-ethernet adapter.

If you have a new SHAC/NAC on order, that does have an RS232 port, however the logic engine is different, so the code would have to be translated.

Nick

NickD, Sep 14, 2017
  6. Mochief

rikaussie

Yes the serial API is exactly the same on Ethernet/TCP.

rikaussie, Sep 14, 2017
  7. Mochief

DarylMc

Hello Matthew
    Dave's Coolmaster files are here http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15957
    edit Sorry I just noticed you might need a modified version for the Coollink.

Can you post the exact model of your Coolmaster device.
    The first step should be for you to set up the Coolmaster independent of CBus.
    Read the instructions.
    Send some commands to it with telnet on your PC to check it is all working.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
    DarylMc, Sep 14, 2017
  8. Mochief

djaggar

My code runs on anything with a Pascal Logic engine i.e. not the new LUA logic engine on the SHAC/NAC ... but I'm happy to port it if there is demand ... but I don't have one of the new controllers so I'd need to borrow one ...

I haven't released the Coolmaster.Net code here purely because the guy I first wrote it for never came back to me if it was working robustly (he just said it was all good and then fell off the face of the planet), so I'm not 100% sure it is at full release status ... once someone confirms it's rock solid I'll do another drop in the Logic Code Examples thread ... I'm being pretty picky, it's unlikely there is much wrong with it (if anything) as it is very similar to the original code.

Those that have sent me their email address by PM should have the latest version (v2.4) in their InBox :)

djaggar, Sep 16, 2017
  9. Mochief

DarylMc

@djaggar
    I think it is worth to mention your pascal code for Coolmaster is still working great.
    After all these years.
    Right now I am looking for someone to write a Homebridge plugin for Coolmaster and a bit like 10 years ago I realise that might not be me.
    Any tips?
    I'm not even sure where to start.
    I did mention it to Igor.
    A bridge device for Coolmaster interface to Apple Home would be a handy gadget.

DarylMc, Jan 23, 2018
  10. Mochief

Mochief

Hey DarylMC,
    Ended up calling Daikin as you suggested and they were able to help me programme the daikin wall controller to use the return air sensor and use the touch screen as the on / off. Worked a treat and really simple fix, thanks heaps for your guidance was a real life saver.
    Cheers!

Mochief, Jan 24, 2018
Ask a Question