A whole C-Bus Relaying turning on itself every single night

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by gkace, May 25, 2024.

1. gkace

gkace

Hi

My whole house is controlled by C-Bus, lightning, blinds.

As of a couple a week ago one relay is switching on every night at least once but up to 3 times.

Every light and blind on that relay turns on. I then have to manually go down to the board and switch off every single node. ie it then goes into override mode.

Do you know what could possible causing this to happen? Thank you

gkace, May 25, 2024
  2. gkace

ssaunders

Likely the remote on function triggering. This is two of the four pairs in the cat5 cable used for remote on/off. If no other units are being triggered then I would guess that this relay unit has an internal fault. The remote on state can be seen in the unit detail in Toolkit to verify.

This happened to one of my four channel relays, but it would only turn all on about once a month. Thankfully I was able to identify some kind of sticky pad that was lying across some board traces, visible by shining a torch once the relay had been removed from the board. I was able to get the pad out by 'tweezering' it with some bamboo skewers. The fault disappeared. I've no idea how it got in there, maybe at time of manufacture.

That relay was installed in a shed that tended to get quite hot over summer, so maybe that messed with the adhesive.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    ssaunders, May 25, 2024
Ask a Question