A little bit of weirdness with Toolkit...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MichaelCarey, Dec 3, 2004.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    I am spending my Friday night in front of the TV, eating pizza and playing with C-Bus Toolkit v1.1.3 (It's been a tough week!)
    Not that I am trying to break the software, merely testing some features, but I have found something that I cannot fathom. I connect to my network through a PCI (BTW I still cannot access it's HTTP config page but that is another story!)
    I have clicked on my networks Groups folder in the tree view. This then lists all my groups on the right hand side. One of the other things that this shows is the last unit to set a group address and to what level, very cool indeed, I am most impressed. BUT... when I change the state of a group on or off with the buttons at the top of the window, it shows my Telephone Interface as the Last Unit To Set. I would expect that the CNI should be indicated. Can someone explain this to me? I have attached a screen shot of this below.
    Regards,
    Michael.

Attached Files:

MichaelCarey, Dec 3, 2004
  2. MichaelCarey

Duncan

The description of the Last Unit To Set is taken from the Database Units.. The Address is sniffed out of the traffic being monitored from the bus.. if there's a unit at that address in the DATABASE, this is deemed to be the unit that caused the Load Change..

I suspect that you have a mismatch between some of the addresses on your Network and in your database?

Having considered this somewhat since writing that code.. I'm wondering if the choice I made wasnt particularly good.. If a Network Scan HAS been done, it would seem wise to take the description of the unit from the NETWORK as this can't be wrong. (what WAS I thinking??? :) )

Thanks for the report Michael.

Duncan, Dec 3, 2004
  3. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Duncan, further to my original post. It seems that this is a bit random. Since a shutdown/restart of Toolkit, I now notice that if I Set Group On/Set Group Off that my IR Output (PC_IRT2) appears as the Last Unit To Set. My network and database seem to be identical.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2004
  4. MichaelCarey

Duncan

Hi Michael, thanks for the follow-up.

Strange.. could I impose on you to take a look in the "Application Log", one appears under each Application Node.. it shows you a chronological list of events on each Application on the bus.. I'm interested to know if the Application Log is showing things correctly or not. This will also show if there's any sort of interplay between units on the bus causing this behaviour.

Thanks!

Duncan, Dec 3, 2004
  5. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Duncan,
    The Application Log shows the same mis-information. If I reach over and toggle some lights on and off with a 4 gang key input, this shows up correctly. There is only a problem when I toggle the group with the Toolkit's Set Group On/Set Group Off. Bear in mind that this isn't a world-disaster-type problem, it's just a weird one..
    Currently I am unable to connect to my PCI (It's being used by my server, running C-Gate 1.5), I can try this tomorrow to see if there is any difference after changing the way I connect to my C-Bus network.
    Oh, and another thing before I post this, I have also noticed that I cannot toggle other applications with this method. E.G. If I try to toggle the Control (27) application group that tells my air conditioner to turn off (via PC_IRT2), nothing happens, either in "real life" or the Control Application Log.

Regards,
    Michael.

P.S. Is there a list of Clipsal preferred applications and their address numbers? In addition to Lighting, Enable, Control, etc??

6. MichaelCarey

Duncan

Hi Michael.. thanks for the additional info.. Its wierd, I'll dig into it on Monday as I tried it at home and it seems to work OK.. I have a more complex network at work with multiple interfaces that I'll try it on..

With regards to the Application Numbers: yes there is a list, I'll post it on Monday when I get back to work.

Have a great weekend!

Duncan, Dec 3, 2004
  7. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Thanks Duncan,
    You have a good weekend too.

Ask a Question