A Few working problems.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by remotesolutions, Jan 26, 2006.

1. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

I am currently programming a system for our local police station and come across a few problems. I have emailed this to Peter rake of clipsal NSW but I thought I would post it on the forum since you guys have been more than helpful in the past.Hey Please find attached PICED file for Coffs police station. I managed to get the page links to work. (I think it was the status page set to Automatic and not page link). So that part is working ok, if you could check it anyhow would be great. But I do have a couple of other problems; I will put them into point form following an overview so as not to confuse you. The job consists of 1 output unit, 8 channel voltage free relay, with channel 1 set to GA Warning light and channel 2 set to GA Warning buzzer. The input units are 6 x standard single gang switches 5031NL 1 for each cell 1-6. There are two B&W touchscreens as well. When an inmate presses the switch in the cell the touchscreens are to jump to the appropriate page, the buzzer sounds for six seconds and the warning light stays on for 10 mins. This is all working fine. Where the problems arise are.

1) With only one touchscreen on the network (doesn?t matter which one) the page links work fine, when you connect the second TS 1 will jump to the correct page the other TS will jump to the wrong page when you remove a TS the unit left on the network seems to function fine. Both TS are set up identically except of course for their GA.

2) On Each Cell page there is a mute 10/30/60 Mins buttons, these are so that if an inmate is repeatedly pressing the cell switch the officers can mute that switch for those given periods. When the mute key is pressed and the timer is activated you can still override that action by pressing the appropriate cell switch, we don?t want this to happen. (I?m thinking that I will have to create separate scenes for the mute 10 mins cell 1 page, mute 10 mins cell 2 page etc, so when the mute is activated it only locks out the switch for that cell, not any other cells)

3) When you press a cell switch the page is jumping correctly but the 10 min timer is automatically activated, now the officers like the idea of this, but for my own piece of mind WHY is this happening.

Cheers for having a look at this guys any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused: Not sure if the file was attached properly please let me know if it has'nt.

remotesolutions, Jan 26, 2006
  2. remotesolutions

Duncan

It's not attached.. try again.. or email the file to me at [email protected] and I'll attach it for you.

Duncan, Jan 26, 2006
  3. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Cheers duncan, any help would be greatly appreciated. I did talk to rakie today and discussed it. The police station are not prepared to spend any more money (I did not quote or install this system it was a local electrician, He has just asked me to program it for him) on a logic controller, so we are planning on disabling the switches for the appropriate mute periods using AND/OR logic. Any how I will attach this PICED file for you to look at. I posted a problem a few weeks back with great responses and put these into practice in the field with great success. Great work Mate. Cheers Gavin...

remotesolutions, Jan 27, 2006
  4. remotesolutions

Duncan

Gavin's file is attached.

Duncan.

Attached Files:

Duncan, Jan 27, 2006
Ask a Question