A few questions on C-Bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by csv, Mar 21, 2006.

1. csv

csv

Hi all

First of all I would like to congratulate all who contribute to this forum, I have spent hours reading through a variety of discussions. I would just like some advice/ask a few questions before jumping head first into the C-Bus industry.

Just so you know?..I am an electrical fitter in the process of gaining my mechanics ticket.

-Can anybody give me some feeback on the basic/introduction course run by Clipsal.
    -Do most companies only target the installation/fitout and or the programming of C-Bus?
    -Who would be some of the more reputable/larger companies that are doing this in Brisbane/Gold Coast region.
    -I have read through a few forums that there is a group that meets regularly in Sydney. Is there anything similar in Brisbane/Gold Coast Region, I for one would be very interested in attending.
    -What is the most common C-Bus installation, are these new installations or refurbs/rewire of older houses etc?
    -Are there any companies on the Gold Coast that would like some unpaid labour on weekends in return for some hands on training with C-Bus?

Any other information of ?do?s and don?t?s? would also be appreciated, thanks in advance to everyone.

csv, Mar 21, 2006
  2. csv

csv

?

:confused: Have I asked a few questions that are a bit too sensitive? Even some feedback on the Clipsal course would of been good....from anybody.

csv, Mar 25, 2006
  3. csv

GlenF

I have just installed C-bus into my house in Brisbane. I got my electrician to do it and he did the course which seemed enough information. I got Charlie Gardener Electrical in Wooloongabba to come and check it out for us and they seemed quite experienced.

I programmed it myself and it was very simple.

Cheers
    Glen

GlenF, Mar 25, 2006
  4. csv

johnl

A few tips

CSV,

Some suggestions for you -

1. Do the Basic C-Bus course. It covers most of the standard C-Bus items other than the touchscreens. It is good value and will be enough to get you started. Info on the courses is on their website or phone Clipsal in Brisbane Ph 3244 7444.

2. Install some C-Bus in your own home where you can try different things and reprogram it regularly just for the fun of it.

3. Do the C-Bus course that covers the touchscreen.

4. Install a touchscreen where you can play with it.

5. A good start to finding employment would be to contact Clipsals System Integrators and Approved Installers. You'll find a listing of these on the Clipsal website.

Cheers
    John

johnl, Mar 26, 2006
  5. csv

csv

Thanks Glen F & John L.........have been in contact with Clipsal re the course and will see what happens, majority of feedback from ppl who have CBUS installed is positive, so looks like I will be installing in the house I am building on the Gold Coast.

Cheers

csv, Mar 27, 2006
Ask a Question