a Bug?

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by Thomas, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Thomas

Thomas

I am using TICA 2.2.0215, and find that once I created a project, I cannot go back later and add any groups. The Network box is greyed out as soon as one clicks 'Add', and no Application, nor Group can be selected.

For me the work-around is to create a base project where I 'Add' all 30 groups the first time I create a project. I don't selet any groups though. This way I can go back later and select groups into the opened fields.

Anyone else found the same?

Thomas

Thomas, Jun 6, 2006
  2. Thomas

Richo

Tica doesn't have the ability to create groups manually. They are either created automatically when you open an existing project or when you change the cbus project. You, as you found out, have to pre-create the groups in Toolkit.

Richo, Jun 6, 2006
  3. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Richo,

Perhaps I was not very clear in my post. But I am not talking about creating any groups, neither in TICA, nor Toolkit. I am referring to an existing project, with all the groups I need.
    Once I have created a TICA project, added, say 2 groups, and save it, I cannot add further groups later.
    That is why I have to "fill" all 30 possible groups in the TICA project, so that I can get back later and modify them as required. Obviously I have to save each iteration of the project under a separate name, keeping the original one (the one filled with 30 whatever groups) as a base project for that installation.

Not a big thing, but doesn't seem right.

Thomas, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Thomas

Richo

I have no idea what you are trying to describe. Can you please describe in bullet point format all the steps you are performing and what results you are expecting to see at each step.

Richo, Jun 6, 2006
  5. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Richo,
    No problem. Do this:

- Create new project in TICA, using any existing Toolkit project.
    - Add 2 lighting devices
    - Save project under any name you fancy
    - Exit TICA and close C-Gate

- Now open TICA again
    - Try to add another lighting device.

I couln't thus far, but have discovered that TICA 'forgets' that it has an installed network (Project section). This, you have to re-select when you open an existing project before you can add devices. Interesting. Didn't come across this one before.
    Is this a bug, or is it intended this way?

Thomas, Jun 7, 2006
  6. Thomas

Richo

That certainly sounds like a bug. Thanks for the description, I understand now what you are saying. I haven't confirmed this myself yet, but I will log it and investgate it.

Thanks for takign the time to report it.

Richo, Jun 7, 2006
Ask a Question