A bit of C-Bus Humour... and Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnC, Nov 28, 2005.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Just reading the C-Bus Networks document CBUS-NET 14 Aug 2005 written by an illustrious D. Snodgrass [ http://www.clipsal.com/cis/pdf_files/C-Bus-Networks.pdf ] and found this definition in there :

LOL :D

Makes me wonder if there is any Easter Eggs in the firmware or software... perhaps if the date is between 01/12 and 25/12 by pressing 6 times on Key 5 on a 8 gang Neo, then pressing Key 2 twice and then holding Keys 1 & 3 causes a sparkling xmas tree effect on all GAs on the Network ?

Or pressing a certain key combo on a DLT causes the Developer's Credits to scroll up the screen Star-Wars-Style ?

John

JohnC, Nov 28, 2005
  2. JohnC

Darren Senior Member

It is nice to be appreciated. You would be surprised at how many times I have got myself into trouble for putting subtle easter eggs in documents.

As for finding the easter eggs in our products - you will have to try everything you can think of and see what happens ;)

Darren, Nov 28, 2005
  3. JohnC

Wilko

Uh-oh, I can now see threads appearing asking for help after disastrous Easter Egg hunts.

"I got all my mates around to press every button simultaneously for three minutes and now there is a burning smell. Is this an easter egg?"

and

"Please reply asap, they want the stadium working again by tonight."

Wilko, Nov 28, 2005
Ask a Question