8Channel Dimmer flashing on and off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by T666, Jan 15, 2012.

1. T666

T666

Hey guys sorry for not replying earlier
    PROLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!
    It was the patch panel all along!
    My electrician looked at the back of it and noticed some dark markings around the top of one particular module
    It appeared as tho something had fried there so he pulled out the lengths of cable running through that module, just the bluewhite blue and the yellowwhite yellow
    The greenwhite green brownwhite brown are still going through the bottom half of that module
    Bascialy its one length of cable running right through all the modules and out the side, and thats the cable going down to the pcinterface
    At the front of the module we unplugged the pink cable going in to that port and just put it in another port. I have plenty to spare anyways
    And bingo. All the problems went away!
    As for the one dimmermodule that seemed to be working fine despite all the others playing up, that was because it actually was not looped into the system by pink cables. i didn't even realize that because that's the spare room
    I must have unplugged it a while back and forgot to reconnect it
    So the problem was on the pink cable side, and was 100% due to that fried patch panel module
    I believe 1 drop of water may have fallen onto the top of the module and it burned out. The cable itself was fine just that module is stuffed
    Just yeh the symptoms was the entire cbus network turned on and could not be turned off!
    Thanks for all the help tho, hopefully no other problems happen heh
    I have put ducting from the roof fan to the grill now. I had left that open just to draw air from everywhere but because its right over the patch panels its a risk for water.
    I do remember their being a cyclone storm that night. And it must have only been 1 drop! Anyways seems that's what happened after all!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
    T666, Oct 5, 2012
  2. T666

Matthew

Happy endings

That's great to hear!
    We love Happy Endings! :D:D:D

Matthew, Oct 8, 2012
  3. T666

kay6915

yeah,so like

kay6915, Nov 5, 2012