5753PEIRL switches off before timeout

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by MJS, Jul 23, 2009.

1. MJS

MJS

I have a site where I there are between 2 and 4 5753PEIRL sensors that switch the same GA. These are in long passages or large rooms.
    In some of these areas, the sensor will switch on the GA and then switch it off and on again.

The sensors are programmed for standard occupancy functions and a 20 minute timeout. The GA is on the lighting application.

I have reset the sensors and disabled all unused functionality.

I would appreciate any suggestions to explain and remedy this behaviour.

Thanks
    Michael

Attached Files:

MJS, Jul 23, 2009
  2. MJS

Newman

The first thing to do is to go through and check all the basics, such as voltage across the network, no more than 3 clock generators, under 100 units & 2A of power, only 1 burden, no intermittent connections, etc. Don't make an assumption about this, actually go through the motions of checking things.

The next thing to do is hook up the C-Bus Diagnostic utility to a PCI and monitor the network traffic. If you see network comms errors at the time of the group being turned on, then off, then that is likely to be the cause.

If you're still having problems, then you can try replacing the 5753PEIRLs with regular 5753L's. The regular 5753L has some code that specifically manages the network traffic when you've got multiple sensors controlling the same group. It would be very interesting to see if that addresses the issue. One day very soon the 5753PEIRL will have it too, but not just yet.

Newman, Jul 29, 2009
Ask a Question