5753PEIRL question...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by skyline, May 11, 2006.

1. skyline

skyline

I have a 5753PEIRL installed in the WC and have configured it to turn on only when above a certain lux level- This all works well. The issue is also using this sensor to turn on the fan (Seperate channel) to turn on regardless of the lux level. Any suggestions as I've tried a few things and none have worked...

Cheers

skyline, May 11, 2006
  2. skyline

Newman

Skyline

Yes, what you want to do is certainly possible.

Firstly, make sure you're using the latest version of Toolkit. Some of the 1.1.x versions had some minor issues with the way they programmed the Multisensor.

Go to the Blocks Tab and assign Virtual Keys 1 & 2 to Block 1. This is our Light.
    Assign Virtual key 3 to Block 2. This is our Fan.

In the top of the UI make sure that Virtual Key's 1 & 2 are still at their default Function settings of 'PIR Day Move and 'PIR Night Move'. Select 'PIR Night Move' for the Virtual Key 3 Function.

Toolkit SENPILL skyline 1.jpg

On the Occupancy Tab tick the check-boxes for Key 3 under the 'Dark & movement' and 'Light & Movement' columns. Make sure the Key 3 Function is still 'PIR Night Move' as there's some automated interaction between the Virtual Key Functions and the check boxes and it is important that the key Function is correct.

Toolkit SENPILL skyline 2.jpg

This programming arrangement gives you the Light being controlled in standard PIR fasion, i.e. it only turns on the light if the ambient level is low, but the fan always runs whenever motion is detected.

Caution - Technical explanation ahead!
    When the PIR detects motion it "presses" the Virtual Keys, in a manner of speaking. When the light level is above the target it "presses" any keys that have check-boxes ticked in the 'Light & movement' column on the Occupancy Tab. When the light level is below the target it "presses" any keys that have check boxes ticked in the 'Dark & Movement' column.

What those keys do when they are "pressed" is determined by what Function the virtual key is selected to have. 'PIR Day Move' is simply a grouping of the Retrigger Timer, Idle, Idle, Idle key events. 'PIR Day Move' is simply a grouping of On Key, Retrigger Timer, Retrigger Timer, Idle key events. These key events can be observed on the Key Functions tab.

In your example when it is dark and motion is detected then virtual keys 2 and 3 are "pressed", as configured on the Occupancy tab. Since these 2 keys are configured as 'PIR Night Move' they will both turn on their respective groups and start their timers.

When it is light and motion is detected then virtual keys 1 and 3 are "pressed", as configured on the Occupancy tab. In this case the pressing of virtual key 3 turns on the Fan Group and starts the timer. The "pressing" of virtual key 1 results in the Light group only seeing the Retrigger Timer command. If there is a timer running then it will be re-set to the maximum interval. If the timer is not running then this has no effect on the Light and as such it remains off.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2006
    Newman, May 11, 2006
  3. skyline

skyline

Excellent! Thanks very much for the detailed information Newman, will try tonight...

Cheers :)

skyline, May 11, 2006
  4. skyline

wanricky

Hi, I too need help on programming the multi sensor. To make it simple, is there any manuel for the GUI? It makes life difficult when I don't understand what those tab is doing. For example, in the "Multi sensor as Light Level Sensor" pdf, it is a big help to tell me what to do, but it never says what I actually did! It is difficult to combine multiple functions when I don't understand what Ramp 1 and Ramp 2 affects, what meter A, B, helps, what IR controlling PE ceil/PIR cell means,....

Today I think I made a mess with the light level sensor with incorrect rampping time (I didn't have the help file with me), and it seems I can't see any effect with the "broadcasting"....in short, I need help.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2006
    wanricky, May 11, 2006
  5. skyline

Newman

Well, there's the C-Bus training courses which cover this product. There is also the Tech Support line.

Newman, May 12, 2006
  6. skyline

wanricky

I'm not in Australia. May I download the training maunel online so at least I can do some self study? In the old days I used to have the installation software manuel for the first few months of working on C-Bus.

I think the multi sensor is much more powerful than I expect but I am stuck at how to operate the simple functions.

wanricky, May 12, 2006
  7. skyline

Newman

Regarding Training Manuals, you'll have to contact Tech Support for an answer on that one. I couldn't see anything on the CIS website.

Newman, May 15, 2006
  8. skyline

janine

5753peirl

:) hope this helps

Attached Files:

janine, May 15, 2006
  9. skyline

wanricky

:D :D :D :D :D :D

That's GREAT!!! Now I can return to site to do my job without guessing! I maynot be able to solve all my questions but at least I'll know what I do.
    It's big help, Janine. Thx.

wanricky, May 15, 2006
Ask a Question