5753PEIRL programming help needed

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Grahamiwa, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

I have a 5753PEIRL multi9 sensor and a 5084 TX remote.

I would like to program the 5753PEIRL to trigger scenes stored on the 2 Saturn DLTs in our bedroom in response to key presses on the 5084 TX remote.

I can't seem to get the programming correct

Can someone tell me what I should be doing.

Grahamiwa, Apr 5, 2012
  2. Grahamiwa

Newman

You haven't stated how you have your unit programmed so it's not possible to pin-point a single error. I would do the following:

I would use Virtual Keys 5-8 in the Multisensor to remotely trigger your scenes. That leaves virtual keys 1-4 alone for your regular PIR functions. I would configure virtual keys 5-8 as Scene keys, but with an empty scene. Make sure that the Trigger Group and Action Selectors correspond with the triggers in your DLT for the Scenes you want to remotely trigger.

On the Global tab of the Multisensor UI, set the Remote Control Offset to 5. This will make buttons 1-4 on the remote control virtual keys 5-8 in the Multisensor. You also need to make sure that the Clipsal Remote is enabled and the bank selection of "AB" is selected.

Underneath the back cover on your remote is a slide switch that can be put in either the A or B position. Set it to A.

Newman, Apr 6, 2012
  3. Grahamiwa

Grahamiwa

I had programmed the unit the same way as I had programmed the DLTs I am using. I had put the relevant lighting groups in to each scene I wanted on the unit on the scene tab

I have just reset the programming back to factory default so that it is in an "out of the box" condition. I am only using 2 of the Virtual key groups on this unit and as I got the unit just to as as the receiver for the remote I dont currently plan to use the regular PIR functions

When I set virtual key 3 to "unused" I got the following message

"A non-Occupancy MacroFunction was selected. Do you want to clear the Occupancy Events for this key (this is recommended)?"

Would I be safe to assume that I should clear the Occupancy Events from the keys before I program them for the two scenes I need to operate.

I have set the key as a scene but left it empty and set the trigger Group and Action Selector as required.

I am currently at work overseas so I will not have the chance to upload the programming to the unit and test it until I get home in a couple of weeks

Attached Files:

Grahamiwa, Apr 6, 2012
  4. Grahamiwa

Newman

Yes, that is the correct thing to do.

Since you are not using the unit as a PIR I would also go to the Occupancy tab and un-tick all the check boxes on that tab. This will ensure that the PIR aspect of the units behaviour is completely disabled.

It sounds like you now have the configuration correct, so let's see how it goes.

Newman, Apr 7, 2012
Ask a Question