5753L Occupancy Sensor

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Mike Costello, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Mike Costello

Mike Costello

Hi All,

I've a bathroom where the client wants the 5753L occupancy sensor to trigger both the downlights and some alcove lighting in there between sunset and 10pm but then after 10pm till sunrise he just wants the alcove lights to come on.

Also he needs to be able to override the downlights to stay on permanantly from the Saturn outside the door as once in the shower with the screen shut the sensor doesn't pick up the movement through the glass unfortunately.

Is this possible?

There is a Wiser 2 in the project

Thanks
    Mike

Mike Costello, Nov 6, 2017
  2. Mike Costello

Ashley

Set up Saturn switch to control "Downlights" as normal
    Create a GA called say "Downlight Sensor".
    Open the logic tab of the downlight output unit.
    Enter "Downlight Sensor" in the first free line, select the "Downlight" output channel and select MAX (or OR for dimmer)
    Now either "Downlights" or "Downlight Sensor" will control the downlights

Create a GA "Bathroom Sensor" and set it up in the sensor
    Create a GA "BAthroom Sensor Enable" and set it up in the sensor enable/disable tab
    If you want to control the Alcove lights via a switch set it up as normal,
    then set "Bathroom Sensor" in the logic tab for the Alcove lights as above (so either will control the Alcove lights)
    If you only want to control the alcove lights from the sensor, just put "Bathroom Sensor" in the Alcove output channel.

Create the following schedules in the Wiser:
    1: At sunset set GA "Bathroom Sensor Enable" to ON
    2: At sunrise trigger a scene to set GA "Bathroom Sensor Enable" to OFF and "BAthroom Sensor" to OFF (in case lights are currently triggered)

Create a logic module to trigger the downlights via the sensor:

Once (getLightingState("Bathroom Sensor") = ON) and (getLightingState("Bathroom Sensor Enable") = ON) and (time < "22:00:00") then
    setLightingState("Downlight Sensor", 100%);
    Once (getLightingState("BAthroomm Sensor") = OFF then setLightingState("Downlight Sensor", 0%)

I think that's right anyway :)

Ashley, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Mike Costello

Mike Costello

Thank you so much for that. I'm back next week so will advise if it worked.

I've got another slightly similar problem at a different job also.

There are 4 outside PIR's (Not CBus ) which are fed into the L5504AUX. There are 4 outside circuits to control.

I have a schedule set up in the wiser to enable and disable the unit depending on the time of day as the sensors (GJD Opal Elite) don't have a lux level setting in them. In Toolkit I am using the disable all keys to do this.

They are working great as a sensor but I can't work out how to override as currently if you turn on one of the outside circuits from a switch as soon as the sensor picks up movement it will then cause the timer to start and the lights turn off.

One thing to bear in mind is the L5504AUX only has a disable all keys not one for each of the 4 inputs so how would it be possible to have it so the client could turn on just the front lights between dusk and dawn from the switch but the other 3 circuits still being controlled by the sensors

I wish CBus would just make a nice looking outside PIR. Does anyone know if there are any plans for this? My customers have never been keen on the E5750WPL

Mike Costello, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Mike Costello

Ashley

I'm not sure I understand this. If the L5504AUX is disabled, how can it turn the light off?

Anyway, if you want the switch to work independent of the sensor, just use the logic tab same as above. i.e. create a separate ga for each of the manual switches and set it up in the logic tab using MAX or OR as the function.

I agree, the 5750WPL is a bit of an eye sore. It you are mounting them under eves or a balcony etc I find the standard 5753 are quite reliable.

Ashley, Nov 17, 2017
Ask a Question