5753L occupancy sensor

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Mike Costello, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Mike Costello

Mike Costello

Hi,

I'm struggling with multiple sensors controlling the same circuit. I'll try my best to explain

The basics of the project is there's 7 floors.
    A circuit for each landing and each set of stairs
    There is a 5753l sensor on every landing and at the bottom of each set of stairs
    We want each landing sensor to turn on the circuit on that landing and also the flight of stairs below
    The sensor on the stairs will just turn the stairs on

What is happening is if you walk up the stairs the stairs sensor picks you up and turns on stairs lights which is correct
    However until that times out and turns off the stairs lights the next landing sensor doesn't turn the landing on

I hope that makes sense

Thanks
    Mike

Mike Costello, Aug 19, 2016
  2. Mike Costello

Ashley

My guess is that the light being turned on has enough intensity to put the next sensor into day move mode. By default day move issues a re-trigger micro function which will only restart an existing timer. If you always want the light on irrespective of natural illumination you could just set the day move micro function to the same as the night move.

Ashley, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Mike Costello

Mike Costello

Thanks for the reply however for testing I had both motion in darkness and light ticked and it was quite light anyway.

It appeared to be more that both sensors were controlling the same circuit and won't trigger the other circuit linked on it until it's timed out

Thanks
    Mike

Mike Costello, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Mike Costello

jboer

You probably need to use 'Any Motion' however just be aware that this can flood your network if the sensors are in a high traffic area.

It sounds like they aren't though so you probably would be ok.

jboer, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Mike Costello

Ashley

If you just ticked them but didn't change the micro functions that would really confirm what I said. By default motion in light issues a re-trigger function which will only extend an existing timer, it will not start one or change the group level.

Not really sure what you mean by that. Are you using the corridor linking function?

Ashley, Aug 22, 2016
  6. Mike Costello

Mike Costello

Thanks for the replies. Im back at site next week so will advise how I get on.
    I'm not using the corridor linking, Should I?

Mike Costello, Aug 24, 2016
  7. Mike Costello

NickD Moderator

I was wondering about that.. but it was not entirely clear to me from your explanation what you were trying to achieve.

Corridor linking is used to keep a common area group on while any one of a number of adjacent groups is still on (think of a group of offices with a common corridor.. as long as one of the offices is still on the corridor will stay on).

This could work for you if you had, say a group for all the stairs (which would be the "corridor" as it's the common area), and any one of the landing sensors was triggered (landings would be the "office"). The stair group would be on as long as any one of the landings was triggered).

Nick

NickD, Aug 25, 2016
  8. Mike Costello

DarylMc

It's not a scenario I've had a go at.
    I don't think 5753L has corridor function and I reckon he is using blocks for the multiple outputs.
    Is that likely to cause this problem?
    edit
    Sorry I just noticed there is a newer version 5753L

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
    DarylMc, Aug 25, 2016
  9. Mike Costello

navman

I had a very similar problem with a couple of key inputs, where key one controlled "circuit A" only and key 2 controlled "circuit A and circuit B".

Whilst in your scenario you are relying on timers to turn off the circuits, I also wanted to manually turn them off so couldn't use the "ON" micro function unless I was willing to assign a second "Off" key.

Anyway, if changing the micro functions to ON, retrigger, retrigger, idle, for the common group (stairs) in the landing sensor doesn't work, which I still suspect it may not, you could try what worked for me which was to use OR logic in the relay output module. I assigned the keys to unique logic groups rather than the actual output group. This allowed each of the inputs to operate independently, while providing a common result.

As an alternative I also like the idea of creating a corridor group in the landing sensor for each level as the stair light has common priority, provided this allows for the common circuit to also be turned on independently ( Not sure as I haven't used it before ).

Greg

navman, Sep 16, 2016
  10. Mike Costello

Mike Costello

Hi All,

I received a reply from CBus tech Australia via UK CBus and this is what they said and it worked.

If customer have been using Multiple i.e more than one groups for control then, when you use multiple groups attached to the same functional block if any on the groups are on the sensor will delay before sending the on key.

If you use multiple Virtual keys all with the "Any Move" function and only assign one group per functional key then everything should works including the crowed control on the single group (delayed ON commands)

Mike Costello, Oct 4, 2016
Ask a Question