5753L dectection range with different height ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by cycheung, Sep 6, 2005.

1. cycheung

cycheung

HI,

Can anyone show me of how to calculate the detection range of the 5753L 360 degree PIR Motion Sensor in terms of the mounting height ? Thanks. :)

cycheung, Sep 6, 2005
  2. cycheung

Newman

Newman, Sep 6, 2005
  3. cycheung

cycheung

Many thanks for your quick reply. I am interested in the maximum height of the 5753L can be mounted to detect 2m radius range.

Thanks again. :)

cycheung, Sep 6, 2005
  4. cycheung

UncleDick

CY, am I right in thinking that you want to mount the PIR high up in a ceiling and detect an circular area of 2m dia directly below? Say in an enterence hallway etc? A better idea of what exactly you are trying to acheive may help get you useful responses.

As this is slightly different to the design requirements of the product I think you will find there is no ready made answer.

Rough tests indicsate that you will get ~ 1.5m dia coverage when the PIR is mounted at 3.3m hight (and I emphasise that these were done as part of tests for a different purpose under 'ideal' testing conditions - so actual detection range may vary when used in real life situations due to direction of movement, background temperature etc may vary - you really have to try this out yourself in the actual site to be sure).

UncleDick, Sep 7, 2005
  5. cycheung

cycheung

Thanks UncleDick, message is clear. I will test the sensor at a height of 3.5m. :)

cycheung, Sep 8, 2005
Ask a Question