5753 Series sensor daylight programing

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Jaden66, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Jaden66

Jaden66

Hi,

Simple question....hopefully.... I am trying to program my sensors to not activate when the ambient light is enough to not need lights. Just adjusting the light pot on the sensor does not work. I have attempted the 'commissioning' rundown in the booklet but will need to read it ten more times to get it into my head. I have also tried the 'sunset' mode through toolbox but that seems to turn the sensor off and it does not work at night as well.

Do I need to work out the 'commissioning' procedure or should it me as simple as turning the LLS pot on the device?

Thanks

Jaden66, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Jaden66

Shiney2512

If you have a touchscreen or Shac , Setup a schedule to disable the sensor during the daytime

Shiney2512, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Jaden66

Jaden66

I have a shac. Surely the sensor pot should do something, and the toolbox control for it.

Jaden66, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Jaden66

Shiney2512

nah it’s useless! I tried as well, just gave up in the end, I enabled to the sensor just before 30mins sunset, and disabled it 30min after sunrise- works a treat

Shiney2512, Apr 8, 2021
  5. Jaden66

Shiney2512

I used this for external lights., another way is to setup daylight harvesting , set the sensor to turn off the light at a specified lux level

Shiney2512, Apr 8, 2021
  6. Jaden66

Ashley

This works fine so something else must be going on. How have you set up the sensor in toolkit? Can you post a screen shot of your setup..

Ashley, Apr 8, 2021
  7. Jaden66

Jaden66

OK, attached are two sensor setups in toolbox. The older sensor works and has a simpler layout. I have wacked the pot to full night mode and it works perfectly.
    The second is a newer sensor with more tweeks. It will not work.
    Sunset does not work at all! I would prefer to use that setting. The older style settings work but the newer 'tweek' screen does not.

Attached Files:

Jaden66, Apr 20, 2021
  8. Jaden66

Jaden66

looking through all my sensors, it seems anything with Firmware version 1.2 will work, 2. upwards will not do as it is told. So I would say I need to select the correct settings somewhere not as obvious as the earlier versions??

Jaden66, Apr 20, 2021
  9. Jaden66

Jaden66

Solved! I got onto a C-Bus tech at Schneider and he was very helpful. For those like me who are self taught, below is how to make a 5753L Sensor work only at night.

Set your group (virtual Key Group) to the area, say 'Kitchen'.
    Function => 'Night Move'
    Occupancy TAB => Make sure only "Motion in Darkness (MD) is ticked.
    (This is where they put the earlier firmware group settings)

Light Level TAB => Target .... This is where you set the light level to activate the load from the sensor. I have it at 20 but it is daylight so yet to play with this.

Global TAB => Potentiometer A ******** Function 'Unused'

If the Potentiometer is set to one of the settings, then this will fight with the Light level setting! My problem :)

This will then make the Firmware with the Virtual keys make the sensor only work at certain light levels only.

Hope this helps a newbie like me.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Jaden66, May 24, 2021
    edmondschan likes this.
Ask a Question