5753 Sensor recall last scene

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Iansparx, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Iansparx

Iansparx

Hi all

I'm pretty new to the C-Bus world and I'm after some advice with regards to motion sensor programming.

I have a home theatre set up with a series of different scenes set up and have just added a sensor to the room. Basically, programmed into the eDLT, I have an all on/off scene which turns the lights on and off, a movie scene which turns all lights off except for an LED strip light in the entertainment unit, a reading scene which turns an overhead LED light on at 50% brightness so my wife can read whilst I watch a movie and an all dimmed to 70% for when we have people over. The problem I have is now the sensor is installed, as soon as anyone moves the lights return to all on. Is there a function in the sensor which will allow me to sense on entry and turn all lights on, then after I've pushed a scene button on the eDLT, cause the sensor to recall that scene until I push another button on the eDLT?

I've programmed a disable sensor off function into the switch, but the wife doesn't like it. Too confusing, apparently.

Do I need to program the scenes into the sensor as well as the eDLT or will the sensor be able to read the programmed scenes from the switch?

Thanks

Iansparx, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Iansparx

Ashley

The sensor can only trigger one group address in response to movement and you can't dynamically change that behavior (sadly).

One option is to put the sensor disable into the existing scenes so part of setting the scene is to disable the sensor. Then have a final 'Movie All Done' scene that re-enables the sensor. Note that this will only work if the scene isn't stored in the sensor.

If you have a logic unit you can get a bit (lot) cleverer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    Ashley, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Iansparx

Iansparx

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. I'm sure the wife will be happier at least

Iansparx, Jul 29, 2015
Ask a Question