5750WPL Options lacking? HELP!!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Sconn, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Sconn

Sconn

Hopefully someone can suggest an easy way to work this out!

I just added a 5750wpl to my home network to activate the front house lights after they had timed out from a sunset "on" command if someone came to the house in the early hours. At least I thought I was going to do that!
    Previously, I had been using another multi sensor in the house to sense the light level and activate the "front lights" group, that was Ok, but no real security feature.
    I tried to use the 5750 to control the lighting group on at sunset with a 5 hour off timer using the SS tab, then also using Night Movement PIR with a 5 minute off timer.
    The idea is to have the lights turn off 5 hours after sunset, then have the PIR activate the same group for 5 minutes if someone approaches the front of house once they were off.
    I found that the unit only really has 1 timer? not individual timers like the multi sensors. So I can only have the lights on for 5 minutes after sunset or stay on for 5 hours after detecting movement!
    I figure i must be missing something? any help in the right direction would really be appreciated

Thanks

Sconn

Sconn, Aug 16, 2009
  2. Sconn

Newman

Sconn

You're correct, the 5750WPL only has one timer available for a single Group Address, in this case your Front House lights.

You can still achieve what you want by doing it a slightly different way.

Reset the 5750WPL back to factory defaults. Then assign the front house lights group address to your Motion in Light / Motion in Darkness functions in the unit. Set the timer for 5 minutes when the unit sees motion.

Now, create a new group address for the Sunset to Sunrise function, say Front House Sunset and assign the desired time-out, say 5 hours. At this point, you should have the 5750WPL turning on the Front House lights group whenever it detects motion and also turning on the Front House Sunset group whenever the light level drops below the threshold, i.e. at Sunset. Save your settings to the unit.

We can combine these two groups in the output unit. Fire up the Toolkit UI for the appropriate dimmer/relay unit and click on the Logic tab. Tick the box that will link the Front House Lights channel to an unused Logic Group. Change the Logic Group to the Front House Sunset group. Finally, select the radio button for OR logic. Save your settings to the unit.

The way this works is that the 5750WPL will turn on the Front House Lights group when it detects motion (for 5 minutes) and it will turn on the Front House Sunset group at Sunset (for 5 hours). When the relay/dimmer unit sees either of these groups turned on, it will turn on the light.

Newman, Aug 21, 2009
  3. Sconn

Sconn

Thanks for the help Newman, worked a treat!

Sconn :)

Sconn, Aug 23, 2009
Ask a Question