560011 A/Distribution

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Charlie Crackle, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Why is the 560011 so expensive ?

It cost more than the remote amplifiers which have far more components. ?

Is it because it is a slow mover ?

Cost me $100 more than the cost of the 10W remote amp which it is connected.

Also why was it made to have mounting for a starserv cab? How often are they mounted there ?? I would have thaught it was mounted near the source equipment

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    Charlie Crackle, Jun 27, 2010
  2. Charlie Crackle

Nik

Hey Charlie Crackle,

I too am intrigued about the starserve mounting tabs.. I can't see how it would ever have been setup that way..

I believe the cost would be due to the service it provides.. It gives you an extra input for the system.. I mean how often would you really need more than 4 standard inputs, especially with the new matrix unit having twin tuners built in..

Also you would probably find that the componentry inside it is a bit more complicated that it seems.. Turning an analogue signal into a digital signal is not as simple as a few resistors and capacitors..

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Jun 28, 2010
Ask a Question