5508D1A - Compatible LED Downlights

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Diggerz, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Diggerz

Diggerz

Hi All,

Have a project wirh several 5508D1A dimmers, the client currently has pierlight Litelux Colour Select Downlights installed however the dimming is quite poor, they only really dim from 100% to about 75% then off on the 5508D1A's.
    Can anybody recomend a few LED downlight Models that i can bech test that might be more suitable with the 5508D1A's?

Diggerz, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Diggerz

Conformist

I had tested and since, installed over 500 Voltex Monaco downlights on C-Bus 1A dimmer channels on all of my projects since the Haneco Viva-110 multi's turned to shit. Only issue has been off-state leakage (glowing LED when off) when there is only 1x downlight on the channel. This is fixed by putting a load bypass device in the plug-base next to the fitting. I've been using the Pierlite product https://www.pierlite.com.au/products/controls/ledsmart-load-bypass-device as opposed to the more expensive and no better Clipsal load correction device.

Conformist, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Diggerz

Diggerz

Thanks, I’ve ordered in a few and they behave quite nicely, they don’t quite dim down as low as the client would like, but there’s no flicker.

I’ve been finding fittings with the integrated driver don’t seem to dim down as low as those with a remote driver.

Diggerz, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Diggerz

Conformist

Agree. The dimming level is the dimmer itself (minimum conduction angle) which is noticeable on LED fittings vs old halogen

Conformist, Dec 7, 2021
Ask a Question