5504GI - The Next Steps?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by NickLocke, Mar 21, 2006.

1. NickLocke

NickLocke

Apologies for starting a new thread, but the last one seems to have headed off on a different track!

I have probably done something really stupid and obvious now, but need a pointer.

My sensors are connected to channels 1, 2 and 3. They are all 4-20mA sensors, so they are wired between +24 and 1&A, 2&A, 3&A respectively.

I am seeing broadcasts (on channels 0, 1 and 2), but the first two values (integer and exponent) are stubbornly staying at zero.

I have tried sticking a multimeter across +24 and each of 1&A, 2&A, 3&A in turn and am seeing values between 18v and 21v. That (at least to me) suggests that the sensors are doing something useful.

I guess I need to do something with the scaling etc, but am not sure where to start the "calculations".

My three sensors are:

Light 0 to 10,000 Lux (adjustable downwards)
    Temperature -10 to +50 Centigrade
    Humidity 0 to 100%

Thoughts welcome......

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2006
    NickLocke, Mar 21, 2006
  2. NickLocke

CC&C

Nick,

Having gone through this before, can I suggest you have a quick read of this.

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807&page=3

I have only just received my GI unit back after what appeared to be a hardware fault with scaling. (This sounds similar to what you are experiencing). I asked about being able to scale -10 to 50 degree C but it seemed to be a software issue. Not sure if it is fixed, I haven't had a chance to test it.

I hope the above helps.

Cheers, cc&c.

CC&C, Mar 22, 2006
  3. NickLocke

NickLocke

Still stuck......

Readings all stubbornly stuck on zero.

Following advice on another thread, I have tried using 2.7.7 to look "inside" the GIU, all looks ok. Tried the same with 2.7.6, again all looks ok. Tried uploading from 2.7.6, behaviour afterwards is still the same.

Firmware is 4.3.00.

I am feeding the GIU (and the sensors) from a stabilised 24VDC supply - do the internal workings perhaps need something higher than that?

I really can't think what to do next.

Thoughts welcome,

Nick

NickLocke, Mar 22, 2006
Ask a Question