5504GI or 5104BCL

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Merge, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Merge

Merge

Hi Guys

I'm dealing with an existing system - CBUS lighting with RTI Control and AV, Cinema etc. Using RTI CBUS driver - works very well with feedback.

Client lives abroad and needs feedback from alarm panel (non Wiser) and ambient temperatures on floors.

I'd like to use contacts (+5v) on alarm panel outputs to trigger a CBUS device for reporting conditions, faults etc, as well as take temperatures from CBUS temp unit for frost control in UK winter. Logic with PACA.

Should I use the Bus Coupler or 4 channel general input unit? I don't have experience with either. Any advice on this solution would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Merge, Aug 1, 2012
  2. Merge

Brendan Rogers

Hi Merge,

You may use the smaller C-Bus Coupler if your voltage free relay contacts are all within 0.5m of the Coupler, otherwise you should use the C-Bus Aux Input unit.

Brendan Rogers, Aug 1, 2012
  3. Merge

Newman

If you need to measure binary inputs then either the Bus Coupler or the Auxiliary Input unit will do the job. The Bus Coupler inputs are not isolated so you'd need to use dry contact outputs and keep the cable lenghts very short (1m max). The Auxiliary Input unit has isolated inptus so it can tolerate long cable runs.

If you have a need to measure absolute values, such as those that might come from a temperature sensor, you would need to use the General Input Unit.

Newman, Aug 2, 2012
  4. Merge

v1nc3nt

hi

Hi..
    I think really interesting to know more about 5504GI , where i can find technical knowledge about it ?

thanks

rgds
    vincent

v1nc3nt, Nov 23, 2012
  5. Merge

Roosta

Roosta, Nov 23, 2012
  6. Merge

v1nc3nt

HI Roosta

hi .. meet you here again...
    thanks Bro...

rgds

vincent

v1nc3nt, Nov 23, 2012
  7. Merge

l60mcm

Sorry for the thread hijack but can a General Input Unit channel be used with a standard non cbus light switch to turn on and off a light. Like an Auxiliary Input unit. Its just that I have a need for the general input unit but cant justify the money to buy both units

l60mcm, Nov 27, 2012
  8. Merge

NickD Moderator

Yes, it can. If you read the installation instructions which you will find on the link in the post a little earlier, you can use the resistance measurement option to measure switch closed (0 resistance) or switch open (infinite resistance).

Nick

NickD, Nov 27, 2012
Ask a Question