5501RBCP Electric Blinds Controller

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by arthurk, Oct 15, 2006.

1. arthurk

ashleigh Moderator

Rooley rooley soon.

You are as frustrated as everybody else... component sourcing troubles now.

Yes I know, another excuse.

AAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!

ashleigh, Mar 21, 2008
  2. arthurk

scott d

I know the feeling, my blinds have been up for so many months now, actually 7 months now i think, i am sooooo p****d with clipsal seeing I was told back in september not to go changeover relays as it was going to be only next month, and every month after that im told any day now. What I dont understand is why a realistic date has not been given, I do understand that testing probs can occur, but why promote something that was never going to happen when it was supposed to, instead of reps getting hopes up, I tell you what my blinds are great dust colllctors. I bet once the relays are released (maybe next year the rate its going) it will prob be months again before they are delivered to branches, I am a very unhappy camper. The only reason I have not gone another way of controlling my blinds and doing the longway with programming and 3rd party relays (instead of using change over relays as they will be so costly) is that clipsal keep suckering me in with that little glimmer of hope.
    Sorry to all including all the hardworking clipsal people developing this relay and programming, im just venting cause Im sick of reps feeding me s**t.

scott d, Mar 21, 2008
  3. arthurk

Conformist

Hi Scott

Please don't blame the reps. They're not trying to mislead you. This product is one which has a massive demand. Building enough stock is the issue now (as Ashleigh has indicated) with a shortness in parts, has caused further delays. We're all (at Clipsal), dealing with ths daily and I can assure you (and all C-Bus users/supporters), that all is being done to get this to market. Release is close..... very close.... no s**t

Conformist, Mar 21, 2008
  4. arthurk

Nathan

I think there waiting until after april to get that extra 5% price rise off us

Nathan, Mar 24, 2008
  5. arthurk

Conformist

Un-released products are not subject to the price increase.

Conformist, Mar 24, 2008
  6. arthurk

fleetz

Having been a manufacturer of complex electronic equipment in another life I fully understand where Clipsal are at.

About 10 years ago we had a severe component shortage where our supplies were coming in and sayiny "whatever you order today you won't see for 12 months"!!!

I couldn't imagine what Clipsal have to put up with component supplies given the vastness of their product range.

As a customer put yourself in Clipsal's position if they come to you and say whatever you order today is what you are going to get in 12 months time!! We all expect that you order today and get tommorow which is probably where most items fall.

Just giving an ex manufacturers prespective on the delivery of complex products.

Not trying to defend Clipsal from the cruelty that they are inflicting daily on the cruelty to our native wildlife because the 5501RBCP is still not released! :D :D

I understand Nathan's frustration however appreciate Clipsal's too!

Cheers,

Fleetz

PS.... when is the official pending price increase?? Is it effective from invoice date or order date??? I have two friend both building huge and I mean huge house in the Gold Coast that both have around $35K of just C-Bus gear! They are about to place their orders and I would like to give them a heads up of the pending April increase.....increase % amount?? When? Order or invoice date?? .....Cheers,

fleetz, Mar 24, 2008
  7. arthurk

Nathan

From what i have been told as long as you get your order in before 1st april you will not attract the price increase (I Hope so I just ordered 60K,s worth)

Nathan, Mar 25, 2008
  8. arthurk

ashleigh Moderator

I have just received an email announcing the release of this product.

Please note the following appeared in the announcement:

** Due to overwhelming demand, delays will be experienced supplying product over the next 3-4 weeks. **

ashleigh, Mar 25, 2008
  9. arthurk

ICS-GS

hooray...:D :D :D :D

ICS-GS, Mar 26, 2008
  10. arthurk

Charlie Crackle

So now released just in time for the price increase ?

Charlie Crackle, Mar 26, 2008
  11. arthurk

Conformist

Blind controllers and Thermostats are not subject to the price increase. They were not released products when the Trade Pricing Guide was finalised.

Conformist, Mar 26, 2008
  12. arthurk

amberelectrics

So does this mean they will now be put in for CE testing and we should see them in the UK sometime next year :p

amberelectrics, Mar 26, 2008
  13. arthurk

ashleigh Moderator

Products are routinely subject to CE testing at the same time as other testing. Imagine the cost of multiple submissions and reprinting labels and manuals.

Talk to your country sales reps about availability.

ashleigh, Mar 26, 2008
  14. arthurk

amberelectrics

Interesting, I shall talk to him today as I have had no info.

Thanks.

amberelectrics, Mar 27, 2008
Ask a Question