5500PCI 'fail to identify network' message

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Exsparky, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Exsparky

Exsparky

Hi all
    I am trying to recover an old CBus 2 set up. I installed this in our home about fifteen years ago and it has been pretty much trouble free, with the occasional tinkering Via PICED for the CTC and logic stuff, or via the CNI for simple switching allocation changes.
    We had a really close lightning hit the other night though, which dropped a couple of lighting circuits in the house and one power circuit. Since then, it looks as though the input units are no longer talking to the output units.
    I tried to go to through the CNI to have a look, but it appears that with an upgraded PC and software, I can no longer use the original CNI in any case. The CTC has dropped off the LAN network, and the network port appears to no longer be working either so I can't find it and use PICED as I used to either.
    As a last resort, I am trying to use the PCI, which can be found when I do a scan, but it fails to identify the project.
    It's a reasonably big project with about 30 input and output units including DLTs, PIR sensors, and the like, so I may be in trouble if I have to try to remember the learn process for everything...
    Any hints?

Exsparky, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Exsparky

Exsparky

Further to this, I am also getting the 'PCI Failed to Reset' error that is the subject of the post
    C-Gate V2.11.5 fails to connect to PCINT4 RS-232 CNI
    by Simon Hopkins on 09 March.

Exsparky, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Exsparky

DarylMc

Hi
    It could be a faulty power supply unit or even a missing power supply due to tripped breaker.
    First I would check the LED status indicators on all the output units.
    Read the manual to diagnose.
    http://updates.clipsal.com/clipsalonline/Files/Brochures/W0000486.pdf#page7

I think you will find the other fellow having connection issues is a user issue.
    There is no software problem that I am aware of.
    Which PCI are you using USB?
    If you are connecting to the network with an RS232 PCI make sure your USB adapter is an FTDI chipset.

If the CTC is 15 years old and has never been repaired it will almost certainly have faulty caps and a flat cmos battery.
    They can be repaired.
    I’d disconnect it completely to start looking for problems on your network.

If you are still having problems start physically measuring the CBus network voltage around the network to see if you can identify a CBus output unit power supply problem.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    DarylMc, Mar 16, 2021
Ask a Question