5500PC Set up and RTI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Troy Russell, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Troy Russell

Troy Russell

Hi Guys,

I have used RTI and CBUS before via a NEO switch and IR from RTI. I now have a project that requires a lot more lighting control from RTI.

I have an XP8 processor, 2 x T3-V remotes, 1 x 5500PC.

First of all I connected it all up and did a few buttons for the theatre and nothing worked, surprise- surprise. The CBUS light flashed on the 5500PC.

I then connected via Hyper Terminal and tested the RS-232 codes. I also used the 232 generator that's on these forums and all worked great. During this I sent ~~~ which I think set the 5500PC into basic mode. I put these codes into RTI and nothing, the CBUS light on the 5500PC flashed still.

I think my issue is that I have to set up the 5500PC, I have read the Serial Interface User Guide and sort of understand it, but dont know what configuration I need for the 5500PC for what I want it to do.

Also do I need to send this configuration each time for a command, or is it stored there after the initial set up via hyper Terminal or a special set up button I could create on the remote.

Any help would be appreciated,

Troy Russell, Feb 15, 2011
  2. Troy Russell

Conformist

Hi Troy

Can you confirm you are using the RTI C-Bus driver in the XP-8? If so, I'm fairly certain you shouldn't have to play with the settings at all!

I'll take a look when i get home and check it out.. trying to go from memory on the config.. not a good idea

Conformist, Feb 15, 2011
  3. Troy Russell

Troy Russell

Yeah I am, I have reloaded it and still not working.

Currently starting from scratch will commands now to see if it will help.

4. Troy Russell

Troy Russell

Started from scratch, re-did lighting page for theatre and worked on one lighting group, I did XP8 driver for toggle on/off, generated a 232 command for on and one for off, and used 232 library for r on and one for off and it all works WTF spent 6 hours chasing my tail. Love it.

Thanks for your help, I was so in the problem your post made think to re-load the drivers.

Ask a Question