5500PC RS232 interface problem with RTI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gilesy, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Gilesy

Gilesy

Hello guys,

I have an issue with a project I'm almost complete on, where the 5500PC RS232 interface seems to have stopped working.
    The c-bus system itself is working well, and I have an RTI control system in place to give a nice whole-house control solution. Until recently the integration between the two (via RS232) was working flawlessly, but has suddenly stopped altogether.

When any of the buttons are pressed on the RTI interface the XP6 control processor's activity light blinks as I'd expect it to, but there's no response from the interface. I didn't do the main c-bus programming (sore point) on this job, but I did the basic training course specifically for it and much of what we learned has likely slipped my mind by now. Though I'm a c-bus noob, I've been installing KNX for years so I have a decent understanding of getting these kinds of things going.

I have tried connecting my PC to the network using the interface with a USB/232 adaptor. The toolkit can see the adaptor and states it's connected to c-gate but if I try and find the network I get an error message each time.

I have been in touch with the guy who did the programming, though he's now emigrated, and no changes have been made to the c-bus since it was all good.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

G

Gilesy, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Gilesy

DarylMc

Hi Gilesy
    Do you have the project on the PC?
    In the network tab of your project select edit network and check the settings.

DarylMc, Sep 8, 2015
Ask a Question