5500PC is now a PC_INT_1 ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by MichaelCarey, Oct 24, 2007.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

I've got an old 5500PC PCI (green face) which I haven't used in a while, I'm planning to use it to interface a Crestron processor to my C-Bus network.
    In toolkit, it's coming up as a PC_INT_1 and the graphic indicates it as one of the old, original PC interfaces. Firmware is v3.11.
    Is this a bug in Toolkit or has my PCI reverted back to a previous form?
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, Oct 24, 2007
  2. MichaelCarey

ashleigh Moderator

Its a "feature" in Toolkit.

Actually, Toolkit uses the unit type (PC_INT_1) to figure out the picture to display, and that unit type was used in both models (the 5500PC and 5100PC). Toolkit has no other way of telling them apart.

That firmware version was very widely sold up until about 2001/2002, these days it is not preferred for 3rd party interfacing but if your Crestron driver has been written for older PCIs it should be OK.

ashleigh, Oct 25, 2007
  3. MichaelCarey

Don

The Firmware version of a PC interface can not change... not in those older units anyway. V.3.11 would make it a 2001 vintage, and that matches the green top cover era as well.

The V3.11 units reported their type as PC_INT_1, so this is right. The type changed to PCINT4 at version 4.00 (sort of makes sense)

Nothing wrong with the unit as far as Toolkit is concerned, though it may run a wee bit slower on scans as Toolkit generally tries to use the more advanced features of PC Interfaces if available.

For a Crestron interface, everything should work, although take care with the use of the "|" character to initiate monitoring of SAL commands. You may need to send "||", instead of "|".. there was a bug around then that made the unit get confused with just a single character.

Don, Oct 25, 2007
Ask a Question