5500NAC HVAC HLI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by BenP, Feb 14, 2020.

1. BenP

BenP

Does any body know how many High Level Interface BACnet connections to Fujitsu AC's are possible on a single 5500NAC? Can i connect ten AC units via HLI to 1 x 5500NAC?

BenP, Feb 14, 2020
  2. BenP

coppo

500 points if I understand your question

Your Fujitsu system needs to have its own Fujitsu BACnet Server installed, then you have a BMS (BACnet client) that acts as mapped gateway between the Fujitsu Bacnet server and the 5500NAC BACnet server.

If you are a SE EcoXpert LRC, you are able to purchase a 5500NAC that has been loaded with custom files to turn it into a very small scale front end (BACnet Client), must be BACnet IP.

BACnet ethernet or BACnet MSTP not compatible

The EcoXpert then provides site support to you and does some Lua scripting to map the points you want to integrate.

5500NAC = 500 BACnet IP points.

Each HVAC ACU will typically require 8-10 points per ACU for monitoring and control purposes.

Alternative product out of the states is a Babbel buster that you configure as BACnet client and it can talk back to fujitsu (Bacnet Server) and a 5500NAC (Server mode) , long time since I bought one but it was $1000 going back about 3 years
    https://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/BB2-7010.html

babbel buster also supports some BACnet objects type that 5500NAC does not

note that BAcnet on the 5500NAC does not grab the unit like some connections, you can still connect to the 5500NAC from remote ethernet etc using toolkit, whilst it is working as a BAcnet server, and stil ltlaking to C-Bus etc.

coppo, Apr 30, 2020
Ask a Question